Campus SafeSwords Program is available 24/7 at the Chaminade University campus.
Call campus security at (808) 735-4792.
SafeSwords is a program for students, faculty and staff, who may feel uncomfortable or unsafe walking alone on campus, at any time of the day. Call security, and a security professional will meet you at your location on campus. The security professional will escort you to your residence hall, car, etc. Students may utilize this when walking to and from night classes around campus or after late night events.
- Practice “situational awareness.” Be aware of your surroundings, trust your instincts and be cognizant of your vulnerabilities.
- Walk on well-lit routes, refrain from taking short cuts. Always walk where there is lots of light and traffic.
- Avoid walking alone after dark or in unsafe areas around the city limits. If you find yourself alone on campus at night do not hesitate to call Security.
- Lock your doors and windows day and night. Do not lend your keys, University ID or any passwords to anyone. DO NOT PROP OPEN LOCKED DOORS AT RESIDENCE HALL’S OR OFF-CAMPUS HOUSING.
- Do not leave your backpack or personal belongings unattended. Always secure valuable items such as laptops. Cellular phones, tablets and cameras when not in use.