December 2020 Commencement Information
Due to COVID-19, the Fall 2020 Commencement will be held virtually. Baccalaureate Mass, on December 6, will be live streamed on the Mystical Rose Oratory Facebook page and the commencement ceremonies will be streamed on this webpage and on-demand. Additional information, including links to access the live stream of the ceremonies, will be posted as it becomes available.
For more information about regalia packages, class ring and virtual commencement custom recognition slide, click here.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Sunday, December 6, 2020
Mystical Rose Oratory
Please join us for Chaminade University’s Baccalaureate Mass in honor of the Class of 2020! This celebration is an opportunity for our Chaminade ‘ohana to come together in thanksgiving and prayer to honor and thank God for the blessings given to the 2020 graduating students and to their families.
Baccalaureate Mass will be live streamed at 2 PM through the Mystical Rose Oratory Facebook page.
If you would like to attend Baccalaureate Mass in-person, please RSVP by Monday, November 30th 2020 as seating is limited.
If you have any questions please contact Campus Ministry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Virtual Commencement Ceremony
Saturday, December 12, 2020
8:00 am – 10:00 am: School of Nursing and Health Professions
10:00 am – 12:00 pm: School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics
12:00 pm – 2:00 pm: School of Humanities, Arts and Design & School of Business and Communication
2:00 pm – 4:00 pm: School of Education and Behavioral Sciences
4:00 pm – 6:00 pm: Master of Business Administration, Master of Arts in Teaching, Master of Education & Master of Pastoral Theology
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm: Master of Science in Counseling Psychology, Master of Science in Criminal Justice Administration & Doctorate of Psychology in Clinical Psychology
All ceremonies will be available on-demand at chaminade.stageclip.com
Information for Eligible Graduating Students
2020 Commencement Announcement:
This year because of the COVID-19 emergency, we won’t be able to hold our commencement ceremony in the normal way. However, we want to make things as special as we possibly can for all of our graduating students. On Saturday, December 12, 2020, we’ll have a virtual, live-streamed, commencement ceremony. We will honor you as individuals and you’ll be a part of a special communal experience on-line.
We are focused on celebration, the sense of occasion, being with our campus Ohana, and recognizing your unique place in history. The Class of 2020 will be forever immortalized! Our wish is to create a memorable, uplifting moment for you.
Furthermore, we invite you to come back for an in-person ceremony when we can gather again. This is a one-time exception just for the Class of 2020. We want you to look forward with confidence, look forward to graduating and look forward to your future! How will you be recognized?
Well, it’s all about you! See how it works here.
- Personal Invitation: You’ll be invited to create a custom recognition slide and record a personal video for your friends and family to see. You will be sent an email to your “@student.chaminade.edu” email address that will include specific instructions on how to personalize your information by adding a written message, hear your name be called, upload a photo and video, and download your clip to chare with your family and friends.
- Virtual Ceremony (December 12, 2020): We’ll take your custom content and put you in the graduation procession with your fellow classmates. On the big day, you’ll see speeches and then the procession. Invite your friends and family to join!
- Alumni gift: We’ll take your custom slide and message video and incorporate it into a StageClip. This is a 60 second video clip which celebrates your achievement! Share it proudly with your friends and family via social media.
We look forward to celebrating you, the resilient Class of 2020, at our virtual commencement in December. Congratulations!
If you have any questions, please contact commencement coordinator, Marissa Trent at (808) 739-7493 or email@example.com.
Regalia and Class Ring Orders
Orders for your cap and gowns and personalized announcements will be done online. Students are not charged for the cost of the cap, gown, and tassel, but will be responsible for a $15.95 shipping fee as your order will be directly mailed to you. You may also order personalized announcements from our vendor, Herff Jones. Orders for the class of 2020 closed on October 23, 2020.
Missed the deadline? If you miss the ordering deadline, you may purchase regalia through the Chaminade bookstore at the prevailing retail price. Regalia will not be issued past November 2020.
Interested in ordering a class ring? Contact Herff Jones at 1-800-837-4235 or at (808) 395-1322 (local representative).
Honors Cords and Graduate Hoods
Honors graduates will receive their cord via USPS mail. The honors designation is only for bachelor degree recipients.
Master’s and Doctorate degree recipients will receive their hood via USPS mail.
If you did not receive your cord/hood, please contact Marissa Trent at firstname.lastname@example.org or 808-739-7493
Ways to Celebrate
- Did you take graduation pictures? Upload it to Instagram and tag @CUHCommencement! We’ll feature you on our Instagram page. Make sure you tag #CUHGrad2020 and #Silverswords4life.
- Host a watch party with your friends and family! Use the Google Chrome extension, “YouTube Party” to watch the live-stream ceremony with your friends and family! By synchronizing your YouTube playback experience across your party, you can chat and communicate throughout the ceremony! If you’re interested in hosting a YouTube watch party, email email@example.com and we’ll provide you with the live-stream link to use!
Cap Decorating Contest
Yes, we are hosting another cap decorating contest! Submit photos of your decorated cap to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 11, 2020 at 5:00 pm. Submissions entered after the deadline will not be considered for the contest. Please submit your photo as a PNG or JPEG file. The contest will be held on our Chaminade Commencement Instagram page (@CUHCommencement) from November 16, 2020 – December 10, 2020. The winner will be announced on December 11, 2020. The prize will be a $50.00 gift card to Amazon and a Chaminade University diploma frame (value of $130.00).
If you participated in the previous cap decoration contest, you may enter again but you must submit a different design.