At Chaminade, we believe those words—written by celebrated Marianist educator Father Domingo Lazaro more than a century ago—stand true today. In fact, Chaminade’s Experiential Honors Program, debuting in 2020, was built on the theory that hands-on learning, with real-world experiences that challenge and inspire, are the lessons we truly grow from.
And that goes for all types of learning, including learning to be an environmental policy ambassador, an entrepreneur, a healthcare innovator or a civic leader— the four Experiential Honors tracks we offer exceptional students who are selected for this competitive, space-limited program based on their strong academic and extracurricular records.
There are four tracks in the program:
- Environmental Sustainability: Ambassadors Track
- Entrepreneurship: Fellows Track
- Healthcare Innovation: Scholars Track
- Civic Leadership: Advocates Track
This honors program is about helping students to make positive change in the world. Our dynamic, interdisciplinary curriculum ensures you’ll be putting your learning into action with:
- Field experiences and rigorous research projects
- Fully sponsored study trips overseas meant to broaden your perspectives
- Mentorships and collaborations with leading experts, community stakeholders and senior executives
- Priority registration to ensure your schedule allows for optimal planning of your coursework
- A dedicated academic advisor and career development mentor
If you’re ready to change the world for the better, we’re here to help you do it.
How to Apply
- Apply to Chaminade University via Chaminade Application or Common App.
- Once your application is processed by our admissions team and you meet Honors program criteria, you will receive an invitation to apply to the Experiential Honors Program.
Questions? We can help.
ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY: AMBASSADORS TRACK
If quick action isn’t taken in the years ahead, scientists say climate change promises to dramatically alter how we live our lives—and could pose an existential threat to humanity’s very future. The Ambassadors Track for Environmental Sustainability is designed to prepare leaders who can execute innovative solutions to the problems of a warming planet.
ENTREPRENEURSHIP: FELLOWS TRACK
Entrepreneurs can turn a great idea into an industry-changing product or service we didn’t know we needed. The real transformational leaders, though, are the entrepreneurs who don’t just change the world, but change it for the better. The Fellows Track for Entrepreneurship will challenge you to identify social disparities and use your imagination and skills to address them.
HEALTHCARE INNOVATION: SCHOLARS TRACK
The COVID-19 pandemic has underscored the need for new and innovative approaches to healthcare delivery, monitoring and access to care. And while there are plenty of problems in healthcare, there are also a host of innovative solutions to be found. Your challenge in the Scholars Track for Healthcare Innovation will be to turn innovative ideas into real change.
CIVIC LEADERSHIP: ADVOCATES TRACK
The world needs civic leaders now more than ever to not only shine a spotlight on the economic disparities and social inequities that exist in our society but to effect real change in addressing them. The Advocates Track for Civic Leadership will equip you with the tools you need to become a transformational leader and a force for social justice in your community.