If you have any questions or would like to request a transfer credit evaluation, contact the Office of Admissions at [email protected].
Will my courses transfer?
Learn more with Transferology.
General Elective Waiver
Chaminade University will waive the remaining general education core requirements if a student has
- earned an associate degree from regionally accredited university, excluding vocational, technical and professional degrees or
- completed all general education requirements at prior institution.
The student is responsible for providing documentation (Catalog, degree audit) to confirm general education completion. Students can earn up to 60 credit hours. Articulated hours may vary depending on prior credit. Transcripts will be reviewed on a case-by- basis and credits will be applied accordingly.
What may be eligible for transfer?
- Credit-bearing courses from a regionally accredited college/university in the U.S. with a 2.0 (C) or better on a 4.0 scale
- College-level correspondence courses with a 2.0 (C) or better on a 4.0 scale from a regionally accredited college/university (our Enrollment Specialist will review and ultimately make the transferability decision)
- Up to 45 credits for an associate’s degree or 90 credits toward a bachelor’s degree
- Only credits required for a Chaminade degree will be considered for transfer
- See transfer articulation agreements for community college pathways into Chaminade
What is not eligible for transfer?
- Credits with a grade of “CR” or “P”
- Remedial, technical, vocational or professional coursework
Completed college-level coursework 10 or more years ago.
Before being accepted, you will need to first complete 15 credits at Chaminade for an associate’s degree, or 30 credits for a bachelor’s degree. If you’re pursuing a degree in science, however, you won’t be able to transfer coursework over 15 years old.
Credits 10 years or older fulfilling major or concentration requirements.
Please request an evaluation of those credits from an advisor in that discipline.
Credits from an accredited college/university taken outside the U.S.
Submit an official and translated copy of your transcript(s). You may request an evaluation of the coursework from one of the member organizations listed in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, which will be considered non-binding advisory opinions. Chaminade will make the final determination regarding course/grade/G.P.A. equivalencies, degree equivalencies and transfer credit awards.
Transfer credits going toward Chaminade G.P.A.
Transfer credits do not affect students’ grade point averages. Instead, it will be posted to your Chaminade transcript with a grade of ‘TR’.
Transfer credits from examinations such as the International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Placement Test (AP) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
Students are able to transfer up to 30 credits toward their associate or bachelor’s degrees based on the specific criteria for each of these examinations, including:
- IB diploma or individual courses: score of 5 or above on the higher level examination
- AP examination: score of 3 or higher
- CLEP examination:
- Score that meets the recommended score from the American Council on Education
- The exam’s subject matter wasn’t covered by a course you’ve already taken
- Specific CLEP equivalencies may be found in the Academic Credit section of the University catalog