Guide to transferring college credits to Chaminade University.
Transfer Credit Evaluations
Prospective applicants (without an admissions application submitted) can review transferable credits from current and/or previous institutions to Chaminade by using transferology.com for an unofficial transfer credit evaluation.
Applied Students – Preliminary Evaluation (for select majors)
Applicants for specific major programs that require prerequisite courses for admission (e.g. Nursing), a preliminary evaluation of credits will be evaluated only for the courses required for admission review. Students in this category will need to contact their admissions counselor.
Applicants not in specific major programs are encouraged to review the transferability of their courses through transferology.com while waiting for an official admissions decision.
Accepted Students – Complete Transfer Credit Evaluation
An official transfer credit evaluation can be requested only from confirmed, admitted students with official transcripts. Admitted students can request for an evaluation here: Credit Evaluation Request.
Credits eligible for evaluation:
- Coursework from an accredited college or university
- Coursework from Running Start or Early College programs while in high school
- Advanced Placement (AP) International Baccalaureate (IB), or College Level Examination Program (CLEP) exams
Official transcripts and test scores must be sent to the Office of Admissions to complete the evaluation.
What may be eligible for transfer?
- Credit-bearing courses from a regionally accredited college/university in the U.S. with a 2.0 (C) or better on a 4.0 scale
- College-level correspondence courses with a 2.0 (C) or better on a 4.0 scale from a regionally accredited college/university (our Enrollment Specialist will review and ultimately make the transferability decision)
- Up to 45 credits for an associate’s degree or 90 credits toward a bachelor’s degree
- Only credits required for a Chaminade degree will be considered for transfer
- See transfer articulation agreements for community college pathways into Chaminade
What is not eligible for transfer?
- Credits with a grade of “CR” or “P”
- Remedial, technical, vocational or professional coursework
Credits from an accredited college/university taken outside the U.S.
Submit an official and translated copy of your transcript(s). You may request an evaluation of the coursework from one of the member organizations listed in the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services, which will be considered non-binding advisory opinions. Chaminade will make the final determination regarding course/grade/G.P.A. equivalencies, degree equivalencies and transfer credit awards.
Completed college-level coursework 10 or more years ago
Before being accepted, you will need to first complete 15 credits at Chaminade for an associate’s degree, or 30 credits for a bachelor’s degree. If you’re pursuing a degree in science, however, you won’t be able to transfer coursework over 15 years old.
Credits 10 years or older fulfilling major or concentration requirements
Please request an evaluation of those credits from an advisor in that discipline.
Transfer credits going toward Chaminade GPA
Transfer credits do not affect students’ grade point averages. Instead, it will be posted to your Chaminade transcript with a grade of ‘TR’.
Transfer credits from examinations such as the International Baccalaureate (IB), Advanced Placement Test (AP) and College Level Examination Program (CLEP).
Students are able to transfer up to 30 credits toward their associate or bachelor’s degrees based on the specific criteria for each of these examinations, including:
- IB diploma or individual courses: score of 5 or above on the higher level examination
- AP examination: score of 3 or higher
- CLEP examination:
- Score that meets the recommended score from the American Council on Education
- The exam’s subject matter wasn’t covered by a course you’ve already taken
- Specific CLEP equivalencies may be found in the Academic Credit section of the University catalog
AP and CLEP scores need to be requested directly from College Board directly to Chaminade University to receive an evaluation of these scores. Scores on a high school transcript will not be accepted.
IB scores can be requested through the student’s account and select Chaminade University to receive the scores. Instructions can be found here.