International Admissions Requirements
International (non-U.S. citizen) freshmen and transfer applicants are welcome to apply to Chaminade University for both the fall and spring semester.
International students must have a visa status that allows academic study at Chaminade University. This can include temporary U.S. visas such as F-1 student visas, J-1 exchange visitors, H-1 temporary worker, dependent visas or any other non-immigrant classifications.
INTERNATIONAL ADMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS
- NACES Evaluation
- All International Students are required to submit an official, third-party certified evaluations (course-by-course, GPA, credits, grades), International Transcript Evaluation. This must be completed by a National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) member organization in order to be considered official.
- The official evaluation must come directly from the organization to Chaminade University by electronic submission to [email protected].
- Unofficial transcript evaluations will not be accepted.
- Students who attended English speaking institutions in a foreign country are still required to submit an International Transcript Evaluation.
- Chaminade does not accept transcript translations in place of transcript evaluations.
- Proof of English Proficiency
International applicants whose native language is not English must submit proof of English proficiency.
English Test Scores Accepted by Chaminade University:
Score reports must come directly from the testing service to Chaminade University by submitting them electronically to [email protected]. Unofficial score reports will not be accepted.
Exemptions to English proficiency tests:
- Earning a prior degree from an institution whose instruction was entirely in English, however this is at the discretion of the admissions and program staff and faculty.
- Official records for at least the last four years of secondary school study and any university level or post-secondary course work that has been completed or attempted. These records must list all subjects taken, grades earned, or examination results in each subject, and all diplomas and certificates.
- Application: apply.chaminade.edu
- Application fee: $50.00 (waivers accepted)
- Official records from all secondary and/or post secondary schools attended
- Official NACES evaluations
- Official English proficiency test results
- Certificate of Finances – Evidence of financial capacity to cover cost of attendance (tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and board, etc.) for the upcoming academic year. An I-20 will not be issued until this certificate is received and reviewed.
- Copy of passport
International students are not eligible to receive merit-based scholarships.
Certificate of Finances
Once you’ve been offered admission to your program, your admissions portal checklist will require you to upload a Certificate of Finances showing proof of ability to cover your cost of attendance (tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and board, etc.) for the upcoming academic year.
Your I-20 will not be issued until this certificate is received and reviewed.
Proof of Health Requirements
All international students attending on-campus programs must maintain health insurance that is accepted by U.S. providers.
All international students attending on-campus programs must submit proof of a clear TB 9 (tuberculin) test or chest x-ray, given and read less than one year prior to the start of the school semester. TB tests or chest x-rays are required by law by the State of Hawaii. International students must submit a chest x-ray. The x-ray may be taken in their country of citizenship.
Point of Contact and Designated School Official
As an International Student, your point of contact for student visa and registration related questions is Arial Mendoza. She can be reached by email at [email protected] or by phone at (808) 735-4654. Arial is the Chaminade University Designated School Official (DSO) and works with International Students to issue the I-20 needed to apply for their student visa.
International One-on-One Sessions
Chaminade University offers personal one-on-one information sessions with an Admissions Counselor. Please schedule your personal session through our Meet Your Counselor page. These can be held virtually or on-campus.
International applications will be processed by the Office of Admissions.
I-20’s will be processed by the Records & Registrar’s Office.