If you or someone you know are experiencing a crisis…
During business hours: if you find yourself in a non-life-threatening crisis, you may reach out to the Counseling Center for crisis intervention during our business hours: Monday through Friday, 8:30AM to 4:30PM. We are generally able to return calls or respond to emails by the end of the business day. We do take same-day appointments, although we may have scheduled appointments booked that day. Depending on the situation, we may be able to see you.
After business hours: if you or someone else is experiencing an immediate life-threatening emergency, please do one or more of the following. Contact:
- Campus Security at (808) 735-4792
- 911 for immediate assistance
- the nearest emergency department.
- Hawaii CARES (aka Crisis Line of Hawaii) at (808) 832-3100 or toll free at 1-800-753-6879. Anyone can call the Access Line 24-hours a day and request for Crisis Mobile Outreach (CMO) workers to be sent to any location. On Oahu they promise a response time of 90 minutes or less. The person has to want help. The CMO worker will help address the immediate crisis needs and get the person hooked up with any state services they qualify for. A new person receives a crisis worker for 30 days who helps the person get set up with other services if needed.
- Kū Makani: The Hawaii Resiliency Project (COVID-19 Crisis) at Ph: (808)832-3100 or toll free at 1(800)753-6879
- Crisis Text Line: text START to 741-741
- 988 Suicide and Crisis Lifeline: Call or text 988 or chat 988lifeline.org
- Trans Lifeline at 1-877-565-8860 (US) or 1-877-330-6366 (Canada)
- Trevor Helpline for LGBTQ youth at 1-866-4U-TREVOR (488-7386) or text START to 678-678
- Military One Source at 1-800-342-9647. 24/7 counseling hotline at no cost to service members and their families.
- Veterans Crisis Line at 988 (press 1) or text 838255
- National Sexual Assault Hotline (Rape, Abuse, Incest National Network, RAINN) at 1(800)656-4673
- The Sex Abuse Treatment Center at (808) 524-7273
- National Domestic Violence Hotline at 1 (800) 799-7233 or go to www.thehotline.org/help/ to Live Chat 24/7/365 or text START to 88788