CHAMINADE UNIVERSITY OF HONOLULU
HIGHER EDUCATION EMERGENCY RELIEF FUND – CARES ACT EMERGENCY AID GRANTS TO STUDENTS
May 20, 2020
In compliance with the reporting requirements prescribed for above referenced grants, the following information is posted on the Chaminade University website:
- Chaminade University of Honolulu signed and returned to the Department of Education, the Certification and Agreement to receive funding under Section 18004(a) (1) of the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (“CARES ACT”). No less than 50% of the funds received under this code section will be used to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
- The University received $1,482,800 pursuant to the institution’s Certification and agreement for Emergency Grants to Students.
- As of May 2020 the total amount of Emergency Financial aid Grants distributed to students under Section 18004(a)(1) was $1,239,900.
- Approximately 1,385 Chaminade University students are eligible to participate in programs under Section 484 in title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965 and are thus eligible to receive Emergency Financial aid Grants to students under Section 18004 (a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- 1,178 students have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant under section 18004(a)(1) of the CARES Act.
- Chaminade University made awards to Title IV eligible students who were registered in the Spring semesters. The grants were awarded to on-campus students based on several factors; Full time status; undergraduate/graduate status; residential/commuter status; and eligible student applications for aid. Student Awards ranged from $500 – $1,750, based on these criteria. The grants were transferred via direct deposit to the student’s bank account or via check where banking information was not available.
- Students were apprised of the University’s plans to distribute the Emergency Financial Aid Grants via emails to their Chaminade student email accounts. Applications for aid were accepted through April 22, 2020. Disbursements were made beginning May 13, 2020.