Justin Wyble is an Assistant Professor of English at Chaminade University of Honolulu. He earned a BA in English and Political Science, as well as an MA in English, from the University of Florida. He received his PhD in Literature from the University of California, San Diego.
Prof. Wyble has been the recipient of multiple teaching awards, including the Excellence in Teaching Award at the University of Florida, the Teaching Assistant Excellence Award at the University of California San Diego’s Warren College Writing Program, and the Father Mackey Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Mentor of the Year at Chaminade. Most recently, he has been teaching an upper-division course on Climate Fiction, in addition to lower-division courses in Expository Writing, Short Story and Novel, and Multigenerational Family Narratives.
Prof. Wyble’s research interests include the following: 20th- and 21st-Century American, British, Pacific, and World Literatures; Science Fiction and Fantasy; Utopian Studies; Ecology; Political Economy; and Critical Theory. He has presented papers at the annual meetings of the Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association, the Society for Utopian Studies, the Oceanic Popular Culture Association, the University of Florida Critical Theory Reading Group, and the American Association of University Professors. He has begun work on a book project on utopia and the emergence of historicity in the long 2010s.
- CUH 100: First Year Experience Seminar
- EN 101: Introduction to Expository Writing
- EN 102: Expository Writing
- EN 255: Short Story and Novel
- EN 285: Multigenerational Family Narratives
- EN 307: Nature Writing
- EN 308: Climate Fiction
- EN 371: ‘Aulama: Literary Magazine and Publication
- EN 422: Modern Pacific Literature
- EN 463: Movies that Matter
Ph.D., Literature, University of California, San Diego
M.A., English, University of Florida
B.A., English, Political Science, University of Florida
Awards and Honors
- Father Mackey Award for Outstanding Undergraduate Mentor of the Year at Chaminade
- Teaching Assistant Excellence Award at the University of California San Diego’s Warren College Writing Program
- Excellence in Teaching Award at the University of Florida