Who is eligible?
- Currently enrolled, full-time student at Chaminade University of Honolulu (undergraduate, graduate, online)
- Immediate & unexpected financial hardship. Hardship must have direct impact on student’s academic success at CUH.
- Resources, including potential financial aid assistance from the Office of Financial Aid, must have been considered and either insufficient, unavailable, or not available in a timely manner in order to be eligible.
- Applicant must be able to provide appropriate documentation to verify circumstances for the funding request.
- One award will be made to any one student during all combined enrollments at CUH; however discretion is allowed for this based on circumstances.
- Awards will be up to $1000
- Student may be required to have a brief meeting with the Vice President for Student Affairs/Dean of Students to discuss potential funding.
Eligible Expenses that may be covered (this list is not exhaustive):
- Medications and other costs related to emergency medical care
- Books and other essential academic expenses
- Safety needs (i.e. changing a lock), including the needs of victims of domestic violence
- Replacement of essential personal belongings or temporary housing needs, due to fire, theft, or natural disaster
- Travel costs related to death or illness in immediate family
- Overdue essential utility bills (i.e. electric, water) reaching a turn-off notice
- Homelessness or sudden loss of housing
- Food Insecurity
- Loss of childcare
- Assistance with rent or utilities due to an emergency situation
Expenses not covered (this list is not exhaustive):
- Tuition payment, fees, health insurance, study abroad costs, meal plan, residence hall costs
- Non-essential utilities (i.e. cable), household, or furniture costs not related to damage or theft
- Parking citations or library fines
- Costs for entertainment, recreation, non-emergency travel or other non-essential expenses
- Legal fees, penalties, jail bonds
- Other anticipated expenses