Campus Parking Policy for Students
Student parking permits are available for purchase approximately two weeks prior to the start of the new academic term. These are the flat rate fees for the term and permits are non-refundable. Permits are required starting the first day of the day undergraduate terms (fall and spring) to park anywhere on campus. If you have any questions about pricing or purchasing a permit, please contact the Business Office at (808) 735-4768. The permit application can be found here. Permits are required to park in any of the designated spaces on campus between 6am-4pm, Monday through Friday.
Parking Fees 2023–2024
- Fall & Spring: Campus per semester (car) $205
- Fall & Spring: Campus & residence hall-on-campus per semester (car) $245
- Fall & Spring: Campus & residence hall-off-campus per semester (car) $270
- Fall & Spring: Campus per semester (motorcycles) $80
- Fall & Spring: Campus & residence hall-off-campus per semester (motorcycles) $120
- Fall & Spring: Campus per semester (mopeds) $50
Information for Vehicle Registration (including Motorcycles and Mopeds)
- Only students registered to attend classes at Chaminade University may park a vehicle on campus.
- Students must register their vehicle (car, truck, motorcycle, moped) and pay the required fee at the University Business Office each semester. Students may have only one vehicle on campus, and shall only be issued one parking permit.
- Chaminade University of Honolulu is a privately owned property and Chaminade University, by law, has the right to regulate traffic and decide who may park motorized vehicles on campus.
- All students must comply with Chaminade University’s traffic and parking regulations.
- Parking on campus is at the owner’s risk. Granting permission to park on campus should in no way be construed as making the Marianist Center of Hawaii, Chaminade University, or its employees liable for any damage or theft which may occur.
- Chaminade University may sell more decals than there are parking spaces (because of the various days of school and class times). Therefore, parking is on a first come first served basis. The parking permit is good only for the semester in which it is issued.
U-Pass Bus Pass
Full-time day undergraduate students may purchase a reduced rate bus pass by completing the U-PASS Bus Pass Application. A current Chaminade University ID with a current validation sticker is required. Contact the Business Office at (808) 735-4768 with any questions. U-Pass applications are available for download on the Student Portal.
Employees, students, registered clubs and organizations of the University who have completed the certification process and have been approved by full-time staff in the Office of Student Activities & Leadership may use the vans for University-only business, and University-sponsored functions and activities such as:
- University business conducted by individuals/groups from various departments
- Athletics and recreational sports and off-campus practices/games
- Field trips/classroom-related outings
- Off-campus programs
- University-related airport drop-off and pick-up
- Volunteer activities
Please review the Vehicle Use and Driver Responsibility Policies, located on the Chaminade Portal, before requesting a van as it covers the certification procedure, driver and passenger requirements as well as general policies about van usage and emergency procedures. The Van Request Form and Van Operation Certification Form can be completed on the Chaminade Portal.