Campus Parking Policy for Students
The Campus Parking Policy for Students goes into effect the first day of each term/semester. The Parking Permit Application can be downloaded from the Chaminade Portal (see Business Office). For Fall 2020, student parking permits will be available for purchase in the Business Office one (1) week prior to the start of in-person classes (adjusted pricing will apply). In the interim, students utilizing campus services may park in designated student parking stalls without a permit. If you have questions, please contact Campus Security at (808) 735-4792.
Information for Vehicle Registration (including Motorcycles and Mopeds)
- Only students registered to attend classes at Chaminade University may park a vehicle on campus.
- Students must register their vehicle (car, truck, motorcycle, moped) and pay the required fee at the University Business Office each semester. Students may have only one vehicle on campus, and shall only be issued one parking permit.
- Chaminade University of Honolulu is a privately owned property and Chaminade University, by law, has the right to regulate traffic and decide who may park motorized vehicles on campus.
- All students must comply with Chaminade University’s traffic and parking regulations.
- Parking on campus is at the owner’s risk. Granting permission to park on campus should in no way be construed as making the Marianist Center of Hawaii, Chaminade University, or its employees liable for any damage or theft which may occur.
U-Pass Bus Pass
Full-time day undergraduate students may purchase a reduced rate bus pass by completing the U-PASS Bus Pass Application. A current Chaminade University ID with a current validation sticker is required. Contact the Business Office at (808) 735-4768 with any questions. U-Pass applications are available for download on the Student Portal.
Employees, students, registered clubs and organizations of the University who have completed the certification process and have been approved by full-time staff in the Office of Student Activities & Leadership may use the vans for University-only business, and University-sponsored functions and activities such as:
- University business conducted by individuals/groups from various departments
- Athletics and recreational sports and off-campus practices/games
- Field trips/classroom-related outings
- Off-campus programs
- University-related airport drop-off and pick-up
- Volunteer activities
Please review the Vehicle Use and Driver Responsibility Policies, located on the Chaminade Portal, before requesting a van as it covers the certification procedure, driver and passenger requirements as well as general policies about van usage and emergency procedures. The Van Request Form and Van Operation Certification Form can be completed on the Chaminade Portal.