Campus Parking Policy for Students
The Campus Parking Policy for Students goes into effect the first day of each term/semester. The Parking Permit Application can be downloaded from the Chaminade Portal (see Business Office).
Student parking permits for spring 2021 will be available for purchase through the Business Office starting on Monday, January 25, 2021. Please note that pricing has been adjusted for the spring 2021 semester. These are the flat rate fees for the term and permits are non-refundable. Permits will be required starting the first day of the day undergraduate spring term which is February 1, 2021. If you have any questions about pricing or purchasing a permit, please contact the Business Office at (808) 735-4768. The link to register for a permit will be available in January 2021. The permit application can be found here.
Information for Vehicle Registration (including Motorcycles and Mopeds)
- Only students registered to attend classes at Chaminade University may park a vehicle on campus.
- Students must register their vehicle (car, truck, motorcycle, moped) and pay the required fee at the University Business Office each semester. Students may have only one vehicle on campus, and shall only be issued one parking permit.
- Chaminade University of Honolulu is a privately owned property and Chaminade University, by law, has the right to regulate traffic and decide who may park motorized vehicles on campus.
- All students must comply with Chaminade University’s traffic and parking regulations.
- Parking on campus is at the owner’s risk. Granting permission to park on campus should in no way be construed as making the Marianist Center of Hawaii, Chaminade University, or its employees liable for any damage or theft which may occur.
U-Pass Bus Pass
Full-time day undergraduate students may purchase a reduced rate bus pass by completing the U-PASS Bus Pass Application. A current Chaminade University ID with a current validation sticker is required. Contact the Business Office at (808) 735-4768 with any questions. U-Pass applications are available for download on the Student Portal.
Employees, students, registered clubs and organizations of the University who have completed the certification process and have been approved by full-time staff in the Office of Student Activities & Leadership may use the vans for University-only business, and University-sponsored functions and activities such as:
- University business conducted by individuals/groups from various departments
- Athletics and recreational sports and off-campus practices/games
- Field trips/classroom-related outings
- Off-campus programs
- University-related airport drop-off and pick-up
- Volunteer activities
Please review the Vehicle Use and Driver Responsibility Policies, located on the Chaminade Portal, before requesting a van as it covers the certification procedure, driver and passenger requirements as well as general policies about van usage and emergency procedures. The Van Request Form and Van Operation Certification Form can be completed on the Chaminade Portal.