Education has always been a major component of Dr. Brina Domingo life. Being born and raised on the Westside of Oahu, she knew from a young age that she wanted to be an educator; going back to her community to teach and make an impact on the next generation of students. Through college, she worked as a PPT, working one-on-one with students in the Special Education Department at Waianae High School. During this time, she also tutored the high school students after school and also began co-heading the Multimedia and Video Production Club at Maili Elementary. Upon double-majoring and graduating from Chaminade University of Honolulu, she got hired as a 9th Grade English Teacher at Waianae High School. She worked there for 7 years, taking on additional responsibilities of being a class advisor, and 9th Grade English Lead teacher, developing curriculum and creating digital versions of all assignments for herself and other teachers to use on Google Classroom when COVID hit. Now, she is back at Chaminade, but as an assistant professor and field services coordinator.
- ED 404 Managing School Environments
- EDUC 632 Learning Environments
- EDUC 652 Multicultural Education
- Ed.D. Instructional Leadership – Northcentral University, San Diego CA
- M.Ed. Curriculum, Methods, and Instruction – Concordia University, Portland OR
- B.S. Secondary English Education – Chaminade University of Honolulu, Honolulu HI
- B.A. English Literature Analysis w/Minor in Psychology – Chaminade University of Honolulu, Honolulu HI
Ganigan, Brina. “A Case Study on Secondary Teacher’s Experiences Teaching in Trauma-Informed Schools.” Dissertation. ProQuest. 2021.
Selected Conferences, Talks, and Speaking Engagements
- Speaker at 19th Annual IVAT International Summit Hawaii “Utilizing Trauma-Informed Strategies in Schools,” March 2022, Hawaii Convention Center
- Northcentral University Dissertation Fellowship, 2020
- Speaker at 26th Annual IVAT Summit San Diego (Dissertation Research), August 2021
- Professional Development Speaker “Utilizing Trauma-Informed Strategies in Schools,” September 2021, Waianae High School Session Speaker “Everything You Want to Know About Teaching,” November 2015, Leeward Community College