Proper health care is a vital element for every student’s physical development and well-being. To keep our students healthy, Chaminade University supports the
Health Requirements for Newly Admitted Students
Completed Health Form
Complete and return the student health form included in your admissions packet. Attach all required documentation (see the table below). Mail to:
Chaminade University of Honolulu
3140 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii 96816
Medical clearance will be provided upon completion of these requirements through the Counseling Center. This clearance is needed prior to assuming occupancy in a residence hall and the confirmation of a class schedule.
Tests and Immunizations (Effective March 17, 2018, per the HI State Department of Health)
Tuberculin Clearance and MMR immunizations are required by the State of Hawaiʻi.
• In Hawaii: Several clinics administer the tuberculin test free of charge to students entering college. For information on the clinic nearest you, check hawaii.gov/health/tb.
• Mainland and Other: For out-of-state students, the Department of Health in your city may also have a list of clinics that provide this service to students entering college.
TB (Tuberculosis) Clearance
• Required for all students
• Acceptable clearance for Post-Secondary Students
• On or after the 16th birthday OR within 12 months of attending
• Documentation Required: Negative Risk Screen, OR Negative TB Test (TB skin test, T-Spot, or Quantiferon Gold In-Tube), OR Positive TB Test and Negative Chest X-ray
• MD, DO, APRN, or PA may also complete and sign off on the third page of CUH health form
MMR (Measles, Mumps, Rubella) Immunization
• Required for all students
• Documentation Required: Provide a copy of immunization records or completed the third page of CUH health form
While attending Chaminade University, it is important for students to protect their health and financial stability by having adequate health coverage to address minor and major illnesses that may arise.
• Health insurance is required for intercollegiate athletes, students with international status, and those living in campus residence halls
• Documentation Required: Provide a copy of current valid health insurance card
Provided that the student’s status matches any of the above criteria, it is the student’s responsibility to maintain current valid health insurance throughout their tenure at the University. Please provide the Counseling Center any updates or changes to your coverage.
Discounted student health insurance plans are available through the Hawaiʻi Medical Service Association (HMSA) under the Chaminade University/University of Hawaii Student Health Insurance Plans. Plans are also available to students through Kaiser Permanente or students can conduct an individual search for comparable coverage through various other insurance plans. Be sure to consider the best options to meet your health needs.
Physicals for Athletes
A physical is required for all intercollegiate athletes. The physical form is available through the athletics department or by calling (808) 735-4790. The form must be completed prior to commencing practice or participating in
Students living in Chaminade University housing without automobiles may qualify for free alternative means of transportation to and from the following health services clinics:
• Kapiolani Medical Center
• Straub Hospital Honolulu
• Kaiser Permanente Honolulu and Hawaii Kai Clinic
• Straub Clinic & Hospital Hawaii Kai
• Queen’s Medical Center
• Kahala Urgent Care
Please inquire with staff in Residence Life for more information.
The forms listed below are available in PDF format and can be obtained from our office or printed from the Chaminade Portal. If you need assistance with accessing the portal, please visit the Client Services website for login instructions.
• Undergraduate Student Health Form
• Professional and Continuing Education Student Health Form
• Immunization Religious Exemption Waiver