The Marianist Sponsorship Ministries Foundation (MSMF) supports activities that sustain and strengthen the University’s Catholic and Marianist identity.
The Marianists established the endowment for the Foundation.
The Foundation Board meets annually to consider grant proposals and to award funds based on those proposals. The Board consists of a member of the Provincial Council of the Marianist Province, the President of the University, the VP for Mission and Rector of the University, and two others members of the University community and/or members of the Society of Mary.
Faculty, staff and administrators of Chaminade University may submit grant proposals. There are five sets of activities that are given priority for funding:
- Programs that build awareness of and deepens the commitment to the university’s Catholic and Marianist identity such as faculty and staff development, curricular revision and special opportunities for students
- Programs conducted in collaboration with or that benefit other ministries of the Marianist Province of the United States
- Programs conducted in collaboration with or that benefit the Diocese of Honolulu and the Church in the Pacific
- Programs that promote the integral development of people of Hawaii or other islands of the Pacific
- Programs that support the development of the Catholic Intellectual Tradition and/or the Marianist Educational Tradition at the University.
In recent years, the amount of money to be distributed each year has been between $50,000 and $60,000. Grant range last year was $1,500 to $14,000.
Proposals are due by March 29, 2022.
Examples of grant projects funded:
- Marianists & the Arts
- Parish Health Program
- Marianist Essay Contest