Learning the Life and Culture of the Entrepreneur
In this program, students learn first-hand from experienced Hawaii business leaders and entrepreneurs about the business of getting a new idea up and running. This involves:
- Academic coursework
- Carefully chosen mentorships and internships with seasoned business leaders
- Attendance at our weekly lecture series
- Broadening horizons by study trips to other locales, such as our trips to China
- Broadening perspectives, contributing to the community and honing people skills through community service
- An opportunity to participate in planning an actual venture with our non-profit business plan competition
The Hogan Program is a one year or two year certificate program.
The Hogan Family Foundation
The Hogan Entrepreneurial Program is funded by generous contributions from the Hogan Family Foundation, located in California. The chair and co-chair are Ed and Lynn Hogan (pictured below with Governor Abercrombie).
The mission of the Hogan Family Foundation is to promote the entrepreneurial spirit through the creation and operation of education, civic-minded and humanitarian programs designed to encourage a more productive and contributory society.