Class of 2020 Commencement Ceremony
Date: Monday, December 14, 2020
Location: The Neal S. Blaisdell Arena, 777 Ward Avenue, Honolulu, HI 96814
Time: 7:00 PM
For information, click on the Baccalaureate & Honors Ceremony webpage.
Things to do before Commencement
Students verified by the Office of the Registrar as completing all degree requirements or as potentially completing requirements by the end of the qualifying term. All students participating must file a petition and submit their graduation fee by the February 7, 2020 deadline. After February 7, you must complete the late petition form and pay a $100.00 late fee. The graduation fee is required of all graduates, regardless of participation in the ceremony.
Please let us know if you need any special accommodations or seating arrangements at the ceremony. You may email email@example.com.
Order Your Cap & Gown
Orders for your cap and gowns and personalized announcements will be done online. Orders are currently closed – it will reopen in November (exact dates to be released). Students will not be charged for the cost of the cap, gown, and tassel, but will be responsible for a $15.95 shipping fee as your order will be mailed directly to you. You may also order personalized announcements from the website below if you wish.
Place Order Here >>
Order Your Class Ring (Optional)
Class rings may be ordered at the following dates/times: TBA
Make sure you receive an email confirmation after placing your order.
If you do not receive one, contact Herff Jones at 1-800-837-4235 or at (808) 395-1322 (local representative).
Missed the Deadline?
If you miss the ordering deadline, you may purchase regalia through the Chaminade bookstore at the prevailing retail price. Regalia will not be issued on commencement night.
GradImages will be taking professional photographs of each graduate on stage during the ceremony. Each graduate will be sent no-obligation proofs of the photographs via email and text after the event. Proofs will also be sent via postal mail. You will have the opportunity to purchase prints after you have seen your proofs. Prior to the ceremony, visit their website. Enter your email and up to six emails of those who you would like to share in your accomplishment by allowing them to view and order your photos. If you have any questions about the commencement photographs, visit the gradImages website or call toll-free 1-800-261-2576.
In acknowledgment of your wonderful achievement, Chaminade University of Honolulu is pleased to present you with a personalized StageClip of your magic moment on stage. Visit StageClip for more information.
Honor Cords & Hoods
Honors graduates will receive their cord at the Honors Ceremony. The honors designation is only for bachelor degree recipients. If you will not be attending, your cord will be mailed to you three to four weeks after May 11.
Master’s degree recipients will receive their hoods on stage at commencement. If you will not be attending, your hood will be mailed to you three to four weeks after May 11.
- 3:00–4:00 PM: Graduating Student Check-in
- 4:30 PM: Mandatory Rehearsal – Gather in the Exhibition Hall
- 6:30 PM: Graduate Line Up – Blaisdell Exhibition Hall
- 7:00 PM: Ceremony Begins – Estimated to last approximately two hours
Proper attire is required of all students participating in the ceremony. Please review and follow the guidelines below:
- Ladies: Dress or dress slacks with a top and comfortable sandals, or low heels, for safety reasons.
- Men: Dark dress slacks, white collared shirt (tie is optional), and dress shoes.
- Wear gown appropriate to the degree being received.
- Gown length should extend to the mid-calf of the wearer.
- All alteration of gowns is prohibited (e.g. shortening the length).
- No additional decorations may be added to your gown.
- Only cords/sashes/stoles allowed are the ones given out by Chaminade University (signifying academic honors) and by the respective sanctioned honor societies.
- Student-athletes may wear the athletic stole presented to them after the conferring of academic degrees.
- Honors cords will be distributed at the Honors Ceremony.
- Master’s and Doctorate hoods will be presented on stage.
- Outstanding student award recipients may wear their medals.
- Lei may not be worn during the ceremony.
- Graduates must wear the approved Chaminade University mortarboard or tam. No other hat or head adornment may be worn (e.g. baseball cap).
- If wearing a gown in the processional, a cap must also be worn.
- Caps must be worn during the ceremony of conferring degrees.
- Caps should be worn level on the head.
- Men may remove hats at specific times as designated by the institution (e.g. prayer, national anthem, alma matter, commencement address)
- Personal décor on Chaminade University approved caps (mortarboards) is allowed within the following parameters:
- Cap decorations must not include balloons or items that may infringe upon the view of other students.
- Cap must not contain any offensive language or the perception that offensive language is being used.
- Cap must not contain any electronic lights or flashing lights.
- Décor must not hang over any part of the board.
- Décor must not dangle down from the top of the mortarboard and/or obstruct the person’s head, face, view of the person, or view of others in any way.
- Cap décor must not contain any political figures or political language promoting a personal opinion on political issues.
- If you are found in violation of these guidelines, you will be asked to replace your mortarboard with a standard-issue mortarboard which we will have readily on hand.
- Tassels must be secured to your cap prior to the procession.
You will not be allowed into the procession with inappropriate attire.
Please arrive at the Blaisdell with your cap and gown. You do not need to wear it for rehearsal. Do not bring purses, bags, or valuables to the Exhibition Hall since there is no place to store it. We suggest that you leave these items with a friend or family member.
Post Ceremony Meet & Greet:
Following the recessional, a meet and greet event will be held in the Blaisdell Exhibition Hall. Doors will open to guests after the last student exits the arena and enters the hall. Graduates may meet with their guests under the signs designated with the first letter of the Graduate’s last name.
Your legal name, as printed on your legal documents (birth certificate, social security card, passports, etc.) will be the name printed on your diploma. Diplomas will be mailed to the address provided on your petition. If the address has changed, please contact the Records Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive your diploma once all your requirements have been completed and grades are in. This usually takes about six to eight weeks after graduation.
For grades, records, and petitions, contact the Records Office at (808) 735-4722 or email@example.com.
For cap and gown, and announcements, contact Herff Jones at 1-800-837-4235 or (808) 395-1322 (local representative).
For the ceremonies or other questions, contact (808) 739-7493 or firstname.lastname@example.org.