Waikiki Shell Venue Map
Commencement tickets are required to enter the Waikiki Shell. The in-person ceremony will be held with graduates and a maximum of ten of their guests. Children ages 3 and younger do not need their own ticket. Fixed seats are available on a first-come, first-serve basis. The lawn area is available for guests that are not in a fixed seat. Graduating students can meet all of their guests right outside of the Waikiki Shell, in a designated area of Kapiolani Park, following the ceremony.
Attendees are allowed to bring the following:
- Clear, non-glass water bottles (these can be factory sealed/retail bottles, or empty containers from home). Bottles can be refilled at the restrooms or water fountains.
- Back rests to use on the lawn
- Blankets or towels to use on the lawn
- One bag per person that does not exceed 12″x12″
Note: security will be checking bags at the entrance
- Strollers are allowed, however, these cannot block any aisles or obstruct anyone’s view. Strollers can be checked with the usher staff.
- Small umbrellas (must be smaller than 36”)
The Waikiki Shell does NOT allow the following:
- Sticks or rods (posters must be able to be rolled up and placed under the seat)
- Laser pointers
- Outside food or beverages (including alcohol)
- Noisemakers or air horns
- Silly string, confetti or confetti cannons
- Chairs on the lawn (Chairs cannot have legs. The following are not allowed: beach chairs, inflatable chairs).
ADA Seating at the Waikiki Shell
There will be an area for ADA seating designated at the Waikiki Shell. Those who require ADA seating should see an usher from the Waikiki Shell for assistance. The Waikiki Shell does not provide wheelchairs.
One person will be allowed to accompany each individual who requires ADA accommodations into the venue. Every individual needs a ticket to enter the venue. These pairs of guests can enter starting at 4:00 PM via the special entrance (green arrow in the map above). Ushers at the Waikiki Shell will attempt to seat these pairs of guests together as much as possible.
Chaminade University of Honolulu Map
Parking on Chaminade University’s Campus in Kaimuki
Free parking will be provided for graduates and their ticketed guests (on a first-come, first-serve basis) at the Chaminade University of Honolulu campus in Kaimuki on Saturday, May 6, 2023. Guests and graduates must have a ticket to park on campus, and to board the complimentary trolley shuttle. Please note that there are a limited number of parking stalls on campus; preference for parking and trolley shuttle service will be given to graduates.
Individuals who need ADA accommodations may be dropped off near the trolley shuttle pick up and drop off area, which is in front of Ching Hall (map to be posted online shortly).
There are a very limited number of handicap parking stalls at the Waikiki Shell. Important note: there are no designated or reserved parking stalls for graduates and their guests at the Waikiki Shell.
Complimentary Trolley Shuttle for Graduates and Their Ticketed Guests
The first set of trolleys are set to leave campus at approximately 2:00 p.m.
The last trolley will leave the Waikiki Shell at approximately 9:40 p.m.
Trolley shuttles will be available to take graduates and their ticketed guests between Chaminade University’s Kaimuki campus and the Waikiki Shell. There will be a total of four trolley shuttles; two of these can accommodate wheelchairs with a lift.
Trolley rules and guidelines:
- Shirts, cover-ups and footwear must be worn.
- Smoking, consumption of food, beverages and alcohol are prohibited.
- Children less than 48” (4 feet) in height must be seated in the center section of Trolley; children under 2 years of age should be held on an adult lap.
- Passengers seated in the outside section of Trolley must keep their mid-back against the back of bench.
- All body parts must be kept inside of the Trolley at all times.
- While the Trolley is in motion, standing passengers are permitted only in the center section of Trolley while holding on to overhead straps.
- Hold on to any loose, personal, items while riding an open-air Trolley.
- Disembark the trolley only after it comes to a complete stop, proceeding with caution as you exit.