Kokua Ike offers test administration for students with ADA Accommodations. We do not proctor, but we can provide a quiet, alternate place for testing. All students are responsible for scheduling their own testing appointments with Kokua Ike. Tests must be scheduled 48 hours in advance but we encourage students to make their appointments as soon as they receive their test/exam schedules. To schedule a test/exam, please stop by in person or contact Kokua Ike via email at email@example.com or by phone at (808) 739-8305. Students are responsible for notifying their instructors of their testing appointments.
Instructors should utilize the Test Administration Form (found on the Chaminade Portal or at Kokua Ike) to submit tests/exams or test information. Test Administration Forms should be submitted at least 24 hours before the testing session or before the close of business the day before the test/exam. Depending on spacing, we may be able to provide testing services for students that need to make-up an exam and/or take an exam on a different date. Before an exam will be administered, instructors and students must review our test administration policy, procedures and guidelines.
Test Administration Policy
- To arrange for an exam, instructors are required to submit copies of the exam with a Test Administration Form at least 24 hours prior to the testing session or before the close of business the day before the exam. Forms may be obtained from Kokua Ike or printed from the Chaminade Portal. (Instructions for electronic submission can be found on the Portal.)
- Staff will be present in the testing area however, we are unable to provide proctoring services. Please note that our area may be crowded and/or loud due to tutoring and other services. Disposable earplugs are available upon request.
- We are unable to provide a private testing space for students unless there is a required accommodation approved through Kokua Ike. To discuss accommodations please contact Kokua Ike by calling (808) 739-8305 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Test Administration is available Monday through Friday during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). Faculty and students must plan ahead to allow enough time to start and complete an exam during regular business hours. Office hours will not be extended.
- Students given a range of times for their exam must still schedule an appointment with Kokua Ike at least 48 hours prior or as soon as they are notified of their test/exam schedule. Walk-in testing may not be accommodated.
- All students utilizing testing services through Kokua Ike must read and sign the “Test Administration Procedures & Guidelines.”
- Students are expected to remain in the testing area until the exam is complete. If a student leaves the center in the middle of a session, the exam will be collected and the instructor will be notified. The exam will be held by the Tutor Coordinator until it is picked up by the instructor.
- If a student is caught cheating during an exam, the exam will be collected and the instructor will be notified immediately.
- Kokua Ike is unable to accommodate test administration for an entire class. Instructors should make arrangements with her/his department staff if s/he is not able to personally administer an exam.
- Days and hours of Test Administration may vary due to meetings, programming, or emergency situations. Kokua Ike reserves the right to deny services and/or reschedule exams.
Test Administration Form
Instructors are required to submit copies of the exam with a Test Administration Form either in person or via email. Forms can be obtained from our office or printed from the Chaminade Portal. Forms may also be emailed, along with a copy of the exam, to the Tutor Coordinator.
Please submit the exam and required documentation to a staff member at least 48 hours prior to a testing session or before the close of business the day before the exam.
Procedures and Guidelines for Students
Students taking an exam at Kokua Ike must carefully read through, and agree to, the Test Administration Guidelines. Once the exam is administered, students are bound to the agreement.