Advising and Career Development offers test administration through the Kokua Ike for students that need to make-up an exam and/or take an exam on a different date than the rest of the class. All requests for testing must be submitted by an instructor, utilizing the Test Administration Form, at least 24 hours prior to the testing session.
Test Administration Policy
- To arrange for an exam, instructors are required to submit copies of exam with a Test Administration Form at least 24 hours prior to the testing session. Forms may be obtained from the Tutoring Center located in the Student Support Services building, or printed from the link at the bottom of this page. (Instructions for electronic submission can be found on the Portal.) The Tutoring Center reserves the right to deny services and/or reschedule tests.
- Staff will be present in the testing area, however we are unable to provide proctoring services. Please note that our area may be crowded and/or loud due to tutoring and other services. Disposable ear plugs are available upon request.
- We are unable to provide a private testing space for students unless there is a required accommodation approved through the Counseling Center. To discuss accommodation please contact the Counseling Center by calling (808) 735-4845.
- Test Administration is available Monday through Friday during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). Faculty and students must plan ahead to allow enough time to start and complete an exam during regular business hours, office hours will not be extended.
- Students given a range of times for their test must still schedule a test time with the Tutoring Center at least 24 hours prior. Walk-in testing may not be accommodated.
- All students utilizing testing services through the Tutoring Center must read and sign the “Test Administration Procedures & Guidelines”.
- Students are expected to remain in the testing area until the exam is complete. If a student leaves the center in the middle of session: the exam will be collected by a staff member, the instructor will be notified, and the exam will be held in the office until it is picked up by the instructor.
- If a student is caught cheating during an exam, the exam will be collected by a staff member, and the instructor will be notified immediately.
- The Tutoring Center is unable to accommodate test administration for an entire class. Instructors should make arrangements with her/his individual department staff if s/he is not able to personally administer an exam.
- Days and hours of Test Administration may vary due to meetings, programming, or emergency situations.
Test Administration Form
Instructors are required to submit copies of exam with a Test Administration Form either in person or via email. Forms can be obtained from our office, or printed from the Chaminade Portal.
Please submit exam and required documentation to a staff member at least 24 hours prior to a testing session.
Procedures and Guidelines for Students
Before we can administer an exam, students must carefully read through the test administration guidelines. Once the exam is administered, students are bound to the agreement.