Kokua Ike offers test administration for students with ADA Accommodations. We do not proctor, but we can provide a quiet, alternate place for testing. All requests for testing must be submitted by an instructor, utilizing the Test Administration Form (found on Chaminade Portal or stop by Kokua Ike), at least 24 hours before the testing session. Depending on spacing, we may be able to provide testing services for students that need to make-up an exam and/or take an exam on a different date.
Test Administration Policy
- To arrange for an exam, instructors are required to submit copies of exam with a Test Administration Form at least 24 hours prior to the testing session. Forms may be obtained from Kokua Ike or printed from Portal. (Instructions for electronic submission can be found on the Portal.)
- Staff will be present in the testing area however, we are unable to provide proctoring services. Please note that our area may be crowded and/or loud due to tutoring and other services. Disposable earplugs are available upon request.
- We are unable to provide a private testing space for students unless there is a required accommodation approved through the Counseling Center. To discuss accommodation please contact the Counseling Center by calling (808) 735-4845.
- Test Administration is available Monday through Friday during regular business hours (8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.). Faculty and students must plan ahead to allow enough time to start and complete an exam during regular business hours. Office hours will not be extended.
- Students given a range of times for their test must still schedule a test time with Kokua Ike at least 24 hours prior. Walk-in testing may not be accommodated.
- All students utilizing testing services through Kokua Ike must read and sign the “Test Administration Procedures & Guidelines.”
- Students are expected to remain in the testing area until the exam is complete. If a student leaves the center in the middle of session, the exam will be collected and the instructor will be notified. The exam will be held in the Tutor Coordinator until it is picked up by the instructor.
- If a student is caught cheating during an exam, the exam will be collected and the instructor will be notified immediately.
- Kokua Ike is unable to accommodate test administration for an entire class. Instructors should make arrangements with her/his department staff if s/he is not able to personally administer an exam.
- Days and hours of Test Administration may vary due to meetings, programming, or emergency situations. Kokua Ike reserves the right to deny services and/or reschedule tests.
Test Administration Form
Instructors are required to submit copies of the exam with a Test Administration Form either in person or via email. Forms can be obtained from our office or printed from the Chaminade Portal. Forms may also be emailed, along with a copy of the exam, to the Tutor Coordinator.
Please submit exam and required documentation to a staff member at least 24 hours prior to a testing session.
Procedures and Guidelines for Students
Students taking an exam at Kokua Ike must carefully read through, and agree to, the Test Administration Guidelines. Once the exam is administered, students are bound to the agreement.