What is the President Mackey Prize?
In conjunction with the annual Na Liko Naauao event, any day undergraduate students participating in Na Liko Naauao may nominate a faculty member who exemplifies outstanding mentoring of student research and/or creative activities. The faculty member selected will receive the President Mackey Prize.
Who is eligible for nomination?
Any faculty member at Chaminade University of Honolulu with a record of student mentoring that includes:
- A history of undergraduate student project mentoring that surpasses normal expectations
- An ongoing commitment to providing students with research and/or creative experiences that go above and beyond the classroom experience
- Promoting the value of active student involvement in research or the creative process
- Supporting faculty‐student and/or faculty‐student‐community collaborations
- Contributing to the professional development of students
- Any day undergraduate student participating in Na Liko Naauao may nominate his/her mentor. The student should submit a letter of nomination describing in detail the nominee’s achievements in mentoring.
- Any particularly pertinent documentation of mentoring activities that cannot be adequately described in the letter of nomination (e.g., community letters/news articles citing mentoring activities, pictures or descriptions of student project products) may be included.
- Letters should be submitted to OHPAUR by Wednesday, March 18, 2020 by 4:00 pm. Letters may be submitted in person in CTCC 255 or by email to email@example.com. A selection committee will choose the winner.