The Chaminade Scholars form a community of life and learning that provides each member with the support needed to excel academically, to pursue spiritual development and to thrive socially at Chaminade University. Through service, academics and reflection, students will gain insight into their gifts and talents. They will be challenged to find ways to discover their life vocation, to be a servant leader, and to use their gifts and talents in pursuit of the common good.
Chaminade Scholars can receive up to 50-75% off tuition. The scholarship may be renewed to cover a total of four years (eight semesters). Renewal is dependent upon completion of 20 hours of service each semester, engagement in reflection upon that service and maintaining a 2.5 Cumulative GPA at Chaminade University.
Each Chaminade Scholar is mentored by a member of the Campus Ministry staff.
A yearly retreat for Chaminade Scholars to provide opportunities for renewal, reflection and strengthening of relationships.
Eligibility and Academic Requirements
Incoming freshman who are motivated to excel academically while engaging in experiences of service, faith and leadership are encouraged to apply to the Chaminade Scholars program.
If you are a member of a parish in the Archdiocese of Honolulu, Guam or American Samoa, attend a Marianist-sponsored high school or Catholic high school, you may be eligible to become a Chaminade Scholar and receive up to 50-75% off tuition. A minimum high school GPA of 3.0 is required, and applicants must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for the Marianist Leadership, Catholic or Parish Scholarship.
- Will graduate from a Marianist High School in the U.S.*
- Will graduate from a Catholic High School (In the U.S., Guam or Saipan)
- Is a member of a Catholic Parish in the Diocese of Honolulu, Guam or American Samoa
Required Application Materials
February 15 is the deadline to submit all required materials for consideration.
Apply today through your CHAMINADE APPLICATION PORTAL.
In addition to the completion of the Chaminade Scholars application, please submit:
Academic Resume: detailing extra-curricular activities and internships
Personal Statement: 500-word (minimum) statement that addresses the following questions:
- What is your intended major/program of study and what strengths do you bring to your intended major?
- What academic or external challenges might you face or have you faced in the past?
- How have you overcome those challenges or plan on overcoming?
- How do you plan to give back to your community after earning your degree and how will your faith influence this plan?
- What are your career goals?
Letter of Recommendation:
- Catholic Scholarship: letter from a principal, guidance counselor or campus minister
- Parish Scholarship: letter from a parish priest, parish deacon or youth group moderator
- Marianist Scholarship: Letter from a principal, guidance counselor or campus minister
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Although the scholarships are merit-based, all Chaminade Scholar applicants should file your FAFSA to be considered for need-based scholarships, grants, loans and College Work-Study. Candidates selected for Chaminade Scholars are required to complete 20 hours of community service each semester.