Chaminade Scholars Program
Chaminade Scholars form a community of life and learning that provides each member with the support needed to excel academically, to pursue spiritual development and to thrive socially at Chaminade University. Through service, academics and reflection, Chaminade Scholars will gain insight into their gifts and talents. A Chaminade Scholar is challenged to discover his or her life vocation, to be a servant leader and to use God-given gifts and talents to pursue the common good.
Chaminade Scholars can receive up to 75% off tuition. The scholarship may be renewed to cover a total of four years (eight semesters). Renewal is dependent upon engagement in programming designed to help scholars develop skills as a servant leader, completion of 20 hours of service each semester, engagement in reflection upon that service and maintaining good academic standing at Chaminade University.
Each Chaminade Scholar is mentored by a member of the Campus Ministry staff.
Chaminade Scholars participate in a yearly retreat to provide opportunities for renewal, reflection and strengthening of relationships.
Eligibility and Academic Requirements
Incoming freshmen who are motivated to excel academically while engaging in experiences of service, faith and leadership are encouraged to apply to the Chaminade Scholars program.
If you are a member of a Catholic Parish or attend a Catholic or Marianist High School in the United States or U.S. Territory, you may be eligible to become a Chaminade Scholar and receive up to 75% off tuition. A minimum high school GPA of 3.0 is required, and applicants must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for the Chaminade Scholars program.
- Will graduate from a Marianist or Catholic High School in the United States or U.S. Territory.
- Is a member of a Catholic Parish in the United States or U.S. Territory.
Required Application Materials
February 15 is the deadline to submit all required materials for consideration. Apply today through your CHAMINADE APPLICATION PORTAL
In addition to the completion of the Chaminade Scholars application, please submit:
- A resume detailing extra-curricular activities, community service or volunteer service, work experience and internships
- Answers to each of the following questions in essay/paragraph form. Each response should be a minimum of 250 words.
- What role has your faith in God played in helping you to recognize your gifts and talents or to overcome challenges in your life?
- What is your intended major and how will you use the knowledge, skills and lessons of faith to give back to your community once you graduate from Chaminade?
- Letter of Recommendation:
- Applicants from a Catholic or Marianist High School are required to submit a letter of recommendation from a principal, guidance counselor or campus minister.
- Applicants meeting eligibility through their parish are required to submit a letter of recommendation from a parish priest, parish deacon or youth group moderator.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Although the scholarships are merit-based, all Chaminade Scholar applicants should file the FAFSA by February 1 to be considered for need-based scholarships, grants, loans and College Work-Study.