Chaminade Scholars Program
Chaminade Scholars form a community of life and learning that provides each member with the support needed to excel academically, to pursue spiritual development and to thrive socially at Chaminade University. Through service, academics and reflection, Chaminade Scholars will gain insight into their gifts and talents. A Chaminade Scholar is challenged to discover his or her life vocation, to be a servant leader and to use God-given gifts and talents to pursue the common good.
Chaminade Scholars can receive a $2,000 scholarship. The scholarship may be renewed to cover a total of four years (eight semesters). Renewal is dependent upon engagement in programming designed to help scholars develop skills as a servant leader, completion of 20 hours of service each semester, engagement in reflection upon that service and maintaining good academic standing at Chaminade University.
Each Chaminade Scholar is mentored by a member of the Campus Ministry staff.
Chaminade Scholars participate in a yearly retreat to provide opportunities for renewal, reflection and strengthening of relationships.
Eligibility and Academic Requirements
Incoming freshmen who are motivated to excel academically while engaging in experiences of service, faith and leadership are encouraged to apply to the Chaminade Scholars program.
If you are a member of a Catholic Parish or attend a Catholic or Marianist High School in the United States or U.S. Territory, you may be eligible to become a Chaminade Scholar and receive a $2,000 scholarship. A minimum high school GPA of 3.0 is required, and applicants must meet one of the following criteria to be considered for the Chaminade Scholars program.
- Will graduate from a Marianist or Catholic High School in the United States or U.S. Territory.
- Is a member of a Catholic Parish in the United States or U.S. Territory.
The Chaminade Scholars scholarship can be combined with merit and financial aid.
Required Application Materials
In addition to the completion of the Chaminade Scholars application, please submit:
- A resume detailing extra-curricular activities, community service or volunteer service, work experience and internships.
- Answers to each of the following questions in essay/paragraph form. Each response should be a minimum of 250 words.
- Give a concrete example of how your faith has shaped your life to this point in understanding yourself and the meaning of the human journey?
- What is your intended major? How will your faith and your study at Chaminade University guide your choice of a life direction and your future as a leader who cares about people?
- Completion of a recommendation form from one person meeting the following criteria : (only 1 is required)
- Applicants from a Catholic or Marianist High School are asked to have either a Campus Minister OR a Religion Teacher complete the recommendation form.
- Applicants meeting eligibility through their parish are asked to have a parish priest OR a youth group moderator complete the form.
Chaminade Scholars Application Deadline: March 15, 2024
Notification Period: Last week of April 2024
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
Although the scholarships are merit-based, all Chaminade Scholar applicants should file the FAFSA to be considered for need-based scholarships, grants, loans and College Work-Study.
Chaminade University school: 001605