This need-based scholarship is awarded to new first-year and/or transfer students for their first year of study at Chaminade. To be eligible for the scholarship new students must be of Native Hawaiian ancestry, meet academic requirements and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The Alaka’ina Foundation is a nonprofit Native Hawaiian organization with a mission to build and promote leadership and educational initiatives for the youth of Hawai’i. Closely aligned with Chaminade’s mission, the goal of the Foundation is to develop a new generation of leaders, especially those in rural areas, to serve in local communities as well as abroad.
The Alaka’ina scholarship is renewable up to four (4) years – dependent on good academic standing and availability of funds.
Eligibility & Academic Requirements
- Native Hawaiian Ancestry
- Admitted to Chaminade
- Must submit the FAFSA
- First-year students with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Transfer students with a cumulative college GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Varies between $2,500 – $5,000 per student, per year
How to Apply
- Apply to Chaminade University
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for Federal and Institutional need-based financial aid assistance
- Apply for the Alaka’ina Foundation Endowed Scholarship through your CHAMINADE APPLICATION PORTAL
Scholarship Deadline: March 15, 2024
If you have any questions, contact Admissions at [email protected] or (808) 739-8340.