Chaminade University of Honolulu is excited to announce the 64th Commencement ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2022, at 5:30 PM. It will take place at the Waikiki Shell.
Due to capacity restrictions at the Waikiki shell, all graduating students attending commencement will have the opportunity to receive up to four (4) guest tickets. Children ages three (3) and younger do not need a ticket to attend the ceremony.
While the ticket guarantees each attendee a seat, the lawn area will also be open to those with tickets. Please keep in mind that graduates will meet their guests in the lawn area following the ceremony to receive lei.
Waikiki Shell doors open to ticket holders at 4 PM. Non-ticketholders should plan to meet their graduate outside of Waikiki Shell for lei giving.
Graduates who plan to attend the commencement ceremony are responsible for obtaining tickets for themselves and their four guests. Graduates who have not yet received their tickets should follow the steps listed on the Information for Graduates page.
Health and Safety
Following the Waikiki Shell guidelines, Chaminade University will not require attendees to provide proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test. Face masks are not required. Health and safety protocols are subject to change as Chaminade University continues to follow federal, state and county COVID regulations, guidance and recommendations.
Commencement Schedule – May 7, 2022
- 2:30 PM Chaminade University parking opens ticket-holding guests
- 3 PM Trolley shuttle service from Chaminade University to Waikiki Shell begins (please note that we will prioritize the transportation of graduates on earlier shuttles because they need to check in by 3:30 PM)
- 4 PM Waikiki Shell doors open to guests (commencement tickets required)
- 5:30 PM Commencement program beings
- 8:15 PM Lei giving on the lawn (ticketholders only)
- 9 PM Last trolley shuttle from Waikiki Shell leaves for Chaminade University
- 10:30 PM Chaminade University parking closes
For the ceremonies or other questions, contact (808) 739-7493 or [email protected].