Find Books in the Library Catalog
Search the library catalog to find books, magazines, newspapers, DVD’s and more. You can then borrow or use this material in the library. You can also read ebooks from your computer. See below.
Find Chaminade Ebooks
The library subscribes to several electronic book collections with online full text.
Ebooks from the Library Catalog
- In the library catalog, click Advanced Search in the menu
- In the Type field, select EBOOK from the drop down menu
- Fill in keywords and click Search
- Search these ebook websites with links to the full text of books online; many of these are free texts in the public domain.
Find Journals and Journal Articles
Journal Articles – Databases by Title
If you know the name of the online database (e.g. Business Source Premier, ERIC), search Databases by Title for journal articles under Journals and Newspapers in the table. See if the library has any available trial databases on your topic. Also search Research by Subject to see if there are any websites with journal articles available in your subject area.
Journals by Titles
If you already know the name of the journal (e.g., Business Week, Nature), search Journals by Title (A-to-Z list) to see if the library subscribes to the full text of the journal online or in print. If you are searching for journal articles, see Databases above.
Find DVDs, CDs and other Audiovisual Media
Audiovisual media (DVDs, CDs, etc.) may be borrowed by Chaminade students, faculty and staff. Faculty may reserve audiovisual titles for class instruction. Please contact a librarian for assistance. Click the following links for a list of audiovisual titles with newest cataloged items first.
Find DVDs and VHS tapes
From the library catalog, enter a title, actor or subject and “videorecording”.
“lord of the rings” and videorecording
“jack nicholson” and videorecording
From the library catalog, enter a title, artist or subject and “sound recording”
mozart and “sound recording”
putumayo and “sound recording”
Off-Campus Computer and Chaminade WiFi
When accessing the library’s online resources and databases from an off-campus computer or from the CUH WiFi system, you must provide your Chaminade credentials.
- Enter your seven-digit Chaminade ID number and password when prompted
- Click the Login button
Renew Library Materials Online
You can renew some Sullivan Family Library materials online. Renewals of the following items are limited:
- Circulating books: One renewal
- Audiovisual media: One renewal
- Reserves: No renewal
- Go to the library catalog at library.chaminade.edu
- Click the My Account in the navigation bar
- Click on Renew My Materials
- In the User ID box enter your seven-digit Chaminade ID number (the one you use to register or check grades online)
- In the PIN box enter your PIN code (your original PIN code is the last four digits of your Chaminade ID number—the one you use to register or check grades online)
- Click List Charged Items button
- Click on the button(s) to the left of the item(s) you want to renew
- Click Renew Selected Items button
If your items were renewed, the screen will display a list of the renewed items and the new due date.
If your items were NOT renewed, the screen will display “Item failed to be renewed” and the item information.
If you are blocked or barred from borrowing, you will NOT be able to renew.
Some circumstances that may block the renewal of an item:
- You have reached the renewal limit.
- You are blocked from borrowing for non-payment of fines.
- You have two or more overdue items.
- Your library account has expired and needs to be re-activated.
- Your contact information needs to be updated.
The library is not responsible for network or computer malfunctions. If renewing online via the User Services function in the library catalog, an item is renewed ONLY if a new due date appears below the title. Items that are NOT renewed are subject to fines for late return. Fines accrue daily, including days that the library is closed.
View these video tutorials to learn how to access and use library resources.
- Call Numbers
- CUH 100 Orientation
- Find Books in the Library Catalog
- Ebook Central (formerly ebrary)
- Find Journal Articles
- Full Text Finder (Find Journals by Title A-Z)
- Off Campus Access
- Plagiarism and Citations
- Search Strategies
- Web Resources
- ERIC Education Resources
Cite and Writing Skills
The following on plagiarism is taken from the Chaminade online catalog under Institutional and Academic Policies > Accusations of Plagiarism or other forms of Academic Dishonesty: “Plagiarism is the offering of work of another as one’s own. Plagiarism is a serious offense and may include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Complete or partial copying directly from a published or unpublished source without proper acknowledgment to the author. Minor changes in wording or syntax are not sufficient to avoid charges of plagiarism. Proper acknowledgment of the source of a text is always mandatory.
- Paraphrasing the work of another without proper author acknowledgment.
- Submitting as one’s own original work (however freely given or purchased) the original exam, research paper, manuscript, report, computer file, or other assignment that has been prepared by another individual.”
Use the Assignment Calculator to help you organize your time as you start your research.
Start Your Research
This guide will help get you started in how to find what you need for your research.
Monday – Thursday: 8:15am – 11pm
Friday: 8:15am – 6pm
Saturday: 11am – 4pm
Closed on holidays: Labor Day, Discovers’ Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving recess