Important Note: Accommodation letters contain confidential information and should be handled and stored accordingly
Right to Verification of Disability:
- Request verification of a student’s eligibility for requested accommodations in the form of an Accommodation Letter prepared by Kokua Ike staff and delivered by the student, either in person or through e-mail.
- If a student does not request accommodations and provide an Accommodation Letter from Kokua Ike, faculty are not obligated to provide accommodations.
- Kokua Ike is the only office designated to review disability documentation and determine eligibility for appropriate accommodations. Faculty should not solicit or review a student’s documentation, or seek to arrange accommodations directly with the student.
Right to Student Initiation of Accommodations:
- Expect the student to initiate accommodations requests in a timely manner.
- Expect the student to provide prompt notification of changes to approved accommodations.
- Collaborate with the student and professional staff regarding recommended accommodations.
Right to Maintain Academic and Program Standards:
- Uphold academic standards and the integrity of courses and academic programs.
- Uphold conduct and technical standards of a course or program of study.
- Immediately inform Kokua Ike if an accommodation compromises the essential requirements of a course or program.