Service-learning is a key component of our school’s reaccreditation proposal. As pedagogy, it can reinforce any course’s adherence to Chaminade’s mission. Extensive research “proves” that well-implemented service-learning is highly effective in promoting student learning outcomes.
Supporting Our Service-Learning Students
- Instructions for Students >>
- Reflection Strategies >>
- Scholarships, Awards and Other Related Opportunities >>
- Present at Service-Learning Day >>
Facilitating and Assessing Outcomes
- Instructions for Incorporating Outcomes >> (must be logged into the Portal)
- Example of a Basic Rubric Based on the CUH S-L Outcomes>>
- Example of a Rubric Based on the NSSE, with Reflection Tips >> (must be logged into the Portal)
Opportunities for Research, Publication, Scholarship
- Faculty Engagement, Scholarship and Service >>
- Community-Engaged Scholarship (CES) Resources >>
- Venues for Publication >>
- Books, journals, toolkits available on campus >>
- Service-Learning Courses: Professors, past and present >>
The Chaminade Service-Learning Faculty Resource Handbook was disseminated at Faculty Retreat, when the Retreat focused on service-learning. It includes information about syllabus/course development, different types of service-learning, assessment rubrics, curricular links for all disciplines, reflection strategies, and information about using S-L as a vehicle for research and publication. Contact the Service-Learning Office if you would like to access the Chaminade Service-Learning Handbook.
Contact Candice Sakuda if you have any questions and/or concerns.