• Does it support our Service-Learning (S-L) Mission (esp. re: Native Hawaiian & Palolo
• Clarity of the S-L objectives & rationale: Will your students “get it?”
• Level of integration/application with course content
• Quality of reflective activities and guidelines
Bonus points for:
• NEW faculty (those who have never received funding from S-L)
• Team players! (Work with other profs. Your syllabi will be judged independently, but each will get extra points for quality collaboration
The above criteria for incorporating service-learning into a syllabus are taken from flyer for our 2007 “Wet Feet” syllabus integration contest.