- Does it support our service-learning mission (esp. re: Native Hawaiian and Palolo
- Clarity of the service-learning objectives and rationale: Will your students understand its purpose?
- Level of integration/application with course content
- The extent to which it addresses the
- Quality of reflective activities and guidelines
Bonus points for:
- NEW faculty: those who have never received funding from service-learning
- Team players: work with other professors. Your syllabi will be judged independently, but each will get extra points for quality collaboration
The above criteria for incorporating service-learning into a syllabus are taken from flyer for our 2007 “Wet Feet” syllabus integration contest.