University Van Rental
Employees, students, registered clubs, and organizations of the University who have completed the certification process and have been approved by Chaminade University’s Safety Officer may use the vans for university-sponsored functions and activities.
The Office of Student Activities & Leadership coordinates the Driver Certification Process and assignment of University Vans. Vans are available for everyone in the CUH community at no charge. Please Note: Only individuals affiliated with CUH (students, faculty, staff) will be allowed to ride in or drive University Vans). Please complete the below forms, and return them to the OSAL Office in Ching 106, along with your valid Driver’s License. To Request a van, please see below.
Van Driver Application
Please follow these steps to become an approved University driver:
1. Complete the Chaminade University Of Honolulu Van Fleet Operation Certification please click here
• Attach a copy of a valid driver’s license
• Fill out Department Head/Advisor portion of this form
• Watch DVD on road safety (Please see OSAL)
• Schedule a certification drive (Please see OSAL)
• Authorize Motor Vehicle Records check (Please see OSAL)
2. This form can be submitted as a hard copy to OSAL Office Ching 106 or via email to: email@example.com
3. The Motor Vehicle Records Check must be completed and submitted as part of the Certification process and will be provided to you after your application has been submitted. Your Driver’s License information will be submitted to the University’s insurer to verify that you have no major driving infractions.
Anyone with major infractions (such as a DUI) will not be allowed to drive University Vans.
4. It is required to read and understand the Vehicle Use and Driver Responsibility Policies in full before your driving exam. Contained in it are the guideline and policies related to driving a University vehicle, and protocol to follow in the event of an emergency.
5. ONLY AFTER ALL of the above is complete, can you drive the University Vans.
Van Request (Reservations)
Van requests are made online only on the campus portal. Van Requests must be submitted at least 7 business days in advance.
*CLUBS/ORGANIZATIONS MUST PROVIDE THE EVENT CONFIRMATION NUMBER GIVEN TO YOU AFTER YOUR EVENT IS APPROVED ON PRESENCE *You may receive your EVENT PIN from the Admin tab on Presence – Events – Events PIN on the right of your screen.
To view the List of Certified Van Drivers please click here