The Office of Strategy and Innovation acts as an in-house incubator for Chaminade’s brightest and best ideas. We work across the University to nurture projects (big and small) that generate and capitalize on creativity to enhance our ability to deliver on the University’s mission. We develop new processes and policies in support of an innovative culture. We foster the ideation process with our innovators, then provide guidance and project management that ensures operationalization of new ideas. We interface with the community through a wide stakeholder network that ensures the impact, timeliness and relevance of our activities to the priorities of our State.
Key elements of our approach are:
- We innovate for mission and initiatives that reflect our values and charism as an institution;
- Formation of a creative Hui around an initial idea – bringing together internal and external stakeholders for ideation and project development;
- Securing transformative extramural funding that enables innovations in their pre-revenue stage and allows us to create for mission and not just for ROI;
- Being data driven and utilizing the best in data science and analytics to realize innovations with impact on the University and the wider community;
- Implementing an annual ‘Innovation Cycle’ that embodies this culture to be part of the University’s DNA;
- Connecting to community, seeking and promoting mutualistic innovation partnerships with businesses (small and large), community groups, agencies and grassroots organizations, that align with our mission.