All Students Receiving or Potentially Qualified to Receive VA Educational Benefits:
A routine VA compliance survey is being conducted of Chaminade University of Honolulu. Although a VA Representative will not physically be on campus, you are encouraged to contact the VA directly at 1-888-442-4551 with comments or concerns you may have regarding this school and/or your use of VA education benefits.
“GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government website.
Education Options for Military, Veteran, & Dependent Students:
- Day Undergraduate Programs
- Graduate Programs
- Online Undergraduate Programs
- Program for Military Members and Dependents
- Nursing Program
Post 9/11(CH 33) GI Bill Benefit & Yellow Ribbon Program (YRP)
Applying for Certification of Enrollment to VA-for VA Educational Benefits:
- You may obtain information and apply for your VA educational benefits at GI Bill Website
- Discuss your academic plan with your advisor and register for your classes
- If you are changing major or institution you must complete a VA form 22-1995 on your first VA certification request and submit it to the VA Certifying Official
- Submit CUH VA Form 29A to the CUH VA Certifying Official (See: Requesting Certification Each Semester/Term)
- It is IMPORTANT to submit a 29B (Change in Enrollment Status) as soon as possible if there is a change in your enrollment status (see note below: Change in Enrollment Status)
NOTE: Change in Enrollment Status (Add/Drop/Withdraw/Canceled). If a student decides to add, drop, or withdraw from a course, or the class is canceled for the term, the student must notify the Certifying Official by submitting CUH29B Change in Enrollment Status Form.
All students requesting or receiving VA educational benefits are required to have a current academic plan.
Requesting Certification Each Semester/Term
The student must request certification each semester/term by submitting a CUH VA Form 29A to the VA Certifying Official in the Records Office at Clarence T.C. Ching Hall or via email (email@example.com) or fax (808-735-4777). The Certifying Official is responsible for processing the certification once all requirements have been met
VA Once Notification
When the VA Certification is submitted to the VA, you will receive an email from VA o
Transfer VA Students
Students who have attended other schools and used VA educational benefits will need to complete a VA Form 22-1995 (Change of Program or Place of Training) and submit it to the CUH VA Certifying Official.
Transfer Education Benefits (TEB) to Dependent Information:
Verifying Enrollment Each Month: (For Chapters: 30, 1606 & 1607)
After the student has been certified for the semester he/she must verify continued enrollment with the VA office in Muskogee, Oklahoma. This must be done at the end of each month before payments will be issued. Verify enrollment by calling 1-877-823-2378 or GI Bill Verify Attendance.
- VA Form 22-1995.
- Submit CUH29A VA Certification form to the VA Certifying Official located in Clarence T.C. Ching Hall, Ground Level (Basement).
- Submit the CUH Form 29B anytime there is a change in your enrollment status to the VA Certifying Official located in Clarence T.C. Ching Hall, Ground Level (Basement).
Contact Records (firstname.lastname@example.org) for any of the forms listed above.
Please follow the instructions on the Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and turn in a copy of your COE to the VA Certifying Official as soon as possible.
For more information regarding your VA benefits and/or the Yellow Ribbon Program, contact Records at email@example.com.