This $2,500 need-based scholarship is awarded to new first-year and/or transfer students for their first year of study at Chaminade. To be eligible for the scholarship new students must be of Native Hawaiian ancestry, meet academic requirements and file the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
The Alakaina Foundation is a nonprofit Native Hawaiian organization with a mission to build and promote leadership and educational initiatives for the youth of Hawaii. Closely aligned with Chaminade’s mission, the goal of the Foundation is to develop a new generation of leaders, especially those among rural areas, to serve in local communities as well as abroad.
Scholarship application opens on November 15 and submission deadline is March 15.
Eligibility and Academic Requirements Requirements
- First-year students with a cumulative high school GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Transfer students with a cumulative college GPA of 2.75 or higher
How to Apply
- Apply to Chaminade University
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for Federal and Institutional need-based financial aid assistance
- Apply for the Alakaina Foundation Endowed Scholarship
If you have any questions, contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 739-8340.