Discover why you belong at Chaminade University.
Virtual Silverswords Preview Week is your chance to learn about the many opportunities available to you at Chaminade. We’ve included information sessions on our excellent academic programs and vibrant student life, plus question-and-answer opportunities with students, faculty, financial aid, residence life and more.
We’re proud to offer a university experience centered around you. Your academic and personal goals. Your passions. And your dreams. Here, you’re free to be you—and become a transformational leader for tomorrow.
SILVERSWORDS PREVIEW WEEK
March 1-5 | 3–5 PM HST
All attendees will receive an application fee waiver.
3–3:30 PM – CHAMINADE 101
Get a glimpse into Chaminade University and the week ahead!
- Meet your Admissions Counselor.
- Find out what makes Chaminade unique.
- Get tips for maximizing your scholarship potential.
- Learn about our application process and requirements. (Spoiler Alert: We’ve gone test blind!)
3:30–4 PM – RESIDENCE LIFE
Thinking about living on campus?
- Topics include meal plans, floorplans, roommate assignments and more.
- Tune in for a guided tour through each of our three on-campus residence halls.
4–5 PM – SCHOOL OF HUMANITIES, ARTS AND DESIGN
Our School of Humanities, Arts and Design create scholarly communities that will engage you and offer opportunities for hands-on learning that aren’t confined by the walls of a classroom. We have a diversity of disciplines—from English to Interior Design, from Political Studies to Religious Studies.
3–3:30 PM – MARIANIST 101
What does it mean to attend a Marianist institution?
- Meet our VP for Mission and Rector and Associate Provost for Academic Affairs
- Dive into our Marianist foundation, and discuss how these values shape both your student and academic narrative regardless of what faith to which you identify.
3:30–4 PM – OFFICE OF STUDENT ACTIVITIES AND LEADERSHIP
Want to maximize your student life experiences?
- Topics include clubs, intramural sports, health and wellness, recreational activities and more.
- Find out why we were named #1 for Student Life amongst Hawai’i colleges.
4–5 PM – SCHOOL OF EDUCATION AND BEHAVORIAL SCIENCE
Our School of Education and Behavioral Sciences students are future teachers and school counselors. Future therapists and criminologists. They’re pursuing a diversity of studies, but all share a drive to make the world a better place. We provide an outlet for that goal, with rigorous offerings that not only include a robust academic core but see service learning and hands-on experiences as central to ensuring students are prepared to meet big challenges in their communities head-on.
3–3:30 PM – CAMPUS MINISTRY
How can I get involved on campus and build community?
- Topics include retreats, worship, service, building community connections and more.
- Talk story with the campus ministry team, and hear how they help students find purpose, build connections, and engage in community service throughout Hawai’i.
3:30–4 PM – PROFESSIONAL PREPARATION
Internships, Research, and Grad Schools, oh my!
- Topics include Ho’oulu Scholars, undergraduate research, health school articulation agreements, and internships.
- With a little advising, and a lot of mentoring, we connect students with opportunities to explore their interests and pursue their passions. Through research and internships, you’ll build your resume, increase your confidence, and build the pathways to achieve your dreams.
4–5 PM – SCHOOL OF NATURAL SCIENCES AND MATHEMATICS
We are problem solvers, but our journey doesn’t end with an “answer.” The School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics covers a wide variety of disciplines: from Biochemistry to Environmental Studies. Mathematics to Data Science. Studies that prepare you for health professions and a program for future forensic scientists.
3–3:30 PM – STUDENT SUCCESS EXPRESS
At Chaminade, we focus on student success as it relates to degree completion, but we also know that students want more in their college experience.
- Join our “express” tour as we share with you how we not only support a steady degree progression and good grades, but also a sense of fulfillment and purpose.
- Learn about how we embrace multiple dimensions intentionally, proactively and collaboratively.
3:30–4 PM – STUDENT PANEL Q&A
What is it really like to be a Chaminade University of Honolulu student?
- Panel includes five current Chaminade students from different backgrounds, studying different majors.
- Ask them anything you want!
4–5 PM – SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND COMMUNICATION
At the School of Business and Communication, we believe innovation is possible in every sector, excellence is a state of mind, and that entrepreneurs aren’t born—they’re made. That’s why we’re proud to be home to world-class programs that not only tackle societal issues but help find solutions.
3–3:30 PM – PRESIDENT AND PROVOST TALK STORY
Kick off the last day of your week by meeting our President Lynn Babington, Ph.D., and Provost Lance Askildson, Ph.D.
- Ask any questions you still have about attending Chaminade University.
- Hear why they chose Chaminade, and why they think you should too!
3:30–4 PM – DATA DOLLARS
What exactly is Data Science, Analytics, and Visualization?
- Dive into the world of Data and find out what opportunities await you in this exciting new major (and the potential for higher-paying salaries in entry level positions!)
- Meet the Director, see current students’ projects, and find out how you can be eligible for an additional $10,000 scholarship on top of your merit aid!
4–5 PM – SCHOOL NURSING AND HEALTH PROFESSIONS
Healthcare is more than just a profession. It’s a calling. A passion. A life. Our rigorous School of Nursing and Health Professions curriculum prepares you for the unique challenges they’ll face in the healthcare sector, with hands-on preparation, state-of-art tools, and a robust mentorship component.