Father Paul Fitzpatrick’s prior experience includes:
- Director, Masters in Pastoral Theology, Permanent Diaconate Candidates;
- Professor of Scripture, Chaminade University of Honolulu.
- Professor of Scripture, Blessed John XXIII National Seminary, 2001- 2010.
- Associate Fellow, Albright Institute of Archaeological Research, Jerusalem, Israel, 2008.
- Élève Titulaire, Biblical Studies, École Biblique et Archéologique Française de Jérusalem, Israel, 1995-96.
- Honorary Fellow, Albright Institute of Archaeological Research, Jerusalem, Israel, 1995-6.
- C.P.E. 2 Advanced, 2 Basic Units, Loyola College of MD, 1984-86.
- Internship, Spiritual Direction and Directed Retreats, Jesuit Renewal Center, Milford, OH, 1982.
- Teacher of Religion and French. Chaminade High School, Hollywood, FL, Cardinal Gibbons, High School, Baltimore, MD, Colegio
- San José, Rio Piedras, PR, Xavier High School, Middletown, CT. 1968-74, 1978-84, 1986-90.
- Member of Administrative Council and Principal’s Council, Religious Studies Department Chair, Director of Campus Ministry, Colegio San José, Rio Piedras, PR, 1981-84.
- Spiritual Director and Director of Private Retreats, Evenings and Days of Recollection, Training Sessions for Lectors, Eucharistic Ministers, Ministers to the Sick, Sacred Heart Parish, Vernon, CT, St. Joseph’s Parish, Sykesville, MD. Bon Secours Spiritual Center, Marriottsville, MD, 1987-95.
- Couples and Individual Counseling, Marriage Encounter and Marriage Encounter Follow-up Retreat programs, Archdioceses of Miami, and Baltimore, Diocese of Norwich, 1986-95.
S.T.D., Universitá Pontificia Gregoriana
S.T.L., Weston Jesuit School of Theology
C.A.S., Loyola College of MD
M.S., Loyola College of MD
M.Div, University of St. Michael’s College
B.A., University of Dayton
The Disarmament of God: Ezekiel 38-39 in Its Mythic Context. CBQMS37. Washington, DC: Catholic Biblical Association of America, 2004.
“A Review of Bibleworks 6.0.” Seminary Journal 10.1 (2004). Washington, DC: NCEA, 99-100.
“Gog and Magog.” New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible, Vol. 2. Nashville: Abingdon Press, 2005.
“People of God.” New Interpreter’s Dictionary of the Bible, Vol. 4. Nashville: Abingdon Press, in preparation for publication.
Thesis and Dissertation
The Holiness and the Power of God in Ezek. 38:17-23: Cause For Fear or Hope? S.T.L Thesis, Weston Jesuit School of Theology, 1998.
Ezekiel 38-39: Cosmogony’s Finale in Ezekiel’s Final Form, S.T.D. Dissertation, Universitá Pontificia Gregoriana, 2001.
Review of Ezekiel, a Commentary. Library of Hebrew Bible/ Old Testament Studies. London: T & T Clark, 2007, by Paul M. Joyce. In CBQ 71, no. 3, Jl 2009. P.613-14.
Review of Getting the Old Testament. Peabody, MA: Hendrickson Publishers, 2009, by Steven L. Bridge. InCBQ 72, no 2, Ap 2010. P. 338-39.
Review of God in Translation, Deities in Cross-Cultural Discourse in the Biblical World. Grands Rapids, MI: William B. Eerdmans, 2010, by Mark S. Smith. In CBQ 74, no 1, Jn 2012.
- Catholic Biblical Association
- Society of Biblical Literature
- American Schools of Oriental Research