Why do people and groups think, feel and behave the way they do? Psychology helps us begin to answer those questions—and the Psychology minor offers a broad overview of the key principles of the discipline, along the way encouraging opportunities for reflection as a way to help students pursue emotional, spiritual and academic growth.
Upon completion of the Psychology minor, students will be able to:
- Identify some of the key concepts, principles, and overarching themes in psychology.
- Apply the scientific method and critical thinking to evaluate psychological research.
- Exhibit effective writing skills within the context of the field of psychology.
- PSY 101 General Psychology
Note: English 102 and Communication 101 are prerequisites for all upper division courses.
- 15 semester hours of upper division Psychology courses (with the approval of the program advisor)
Related Academic Offerings