Marketing is multi-faceted.
There’s brand management, professional sales, market research, customer service. A marketing minor prepares you for a career or further studies in any of these areas with an emphasis on strategies for transforming an idea into a successful brand message or product positioning platform.
Upon completion of the minor in Marketing, students will be able to:
- Explain the foundation activities performed by the marketing function in business referred to as the “4 Ps: Product, Price, Place, Promotion”.
- Analyze consumer markets on both a micro ( individual /family) and macro ( Market segmentation and targeting ) level and use marketing research methods to inform marketing decisions.
- Use branding and positioning techniques to achieve sustainable differentiation.
- Apply marketing concepts and practices to real organizational situations, identifying ethical issues present in the situation.
- MKT 301 Principles of Marketing
- MKT 436 Marketing Globally
- MKT/COM 437/L Consumer Research
- MKT 440 Marketing Strategy
- Choose one:
- MKT 431 Integrated Marketing Communication
- MKT 432 Sales and Customer Relationships
- COM 360 Social Media Communication
Related Academic Offerings
- B.S. Accounting >>
- B.A. Business Administration >>
- B.A. Business Administration (Online) >>
- B.A. Business Administration, Marketing concentration >>
- B.A. Communication >>
- B.A. International Studies – International Trade >>
- B.A. Management (Online) >>
- Accounting minor >>
- Business Administration minor >>
- Communication minor >>
- Computer Information Systems minor >>
- Economics minor >>