Our Management bachelor’s degree program is geared toward helping business students understand the forests and the trees—the power of effective leadership and the myriad elements required to ensure organizations are run effectively and are able to compete in the marketplace.
The major takes a multi-faced approach: Students learn key concepts in accounting, in marketing, and in finance, along with organizational structure and culture, human resource management systems and how leader behaviors influence employee effectiveness.
The Management degree is also designed to be flexible for students with hectic schedules. Courses are offered in an accelerated format, online or in the evenings, and are coupled with opportunities for individualized learning, academic advising, and hands-on learning programs.
Upon completion of the undergraduate B.A. program in Management, students will be able to:
- Identify and apply major concepts, statistical tools, and information technology in business and management decision making.
- Develop appropriate project plans and use effective communication skills to accomplish strategic business goals.
- Explain how management styles and organizational designs impact the individual and team effectiveness and assist organizations to select the most appropriate organizational design.
- Analyze the external environment including legal, ethical, economical, and HR situations and assist organizations to adapt, change and advance.
Online Degree Requirements
- Completion of general education courses required for all bachelor’s degrees
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (for all work completed at Chaminade)
- Minimum of 45 credit hours must be upper division coursework, and
- At least half of the required upper division courses must be completed at Chaminade
- BU 200 Introduction to Business
- BU 224 Applied Business Statistics
- AC 201 Principles of Accounting I**
- AC 202 Principles of Accounting II
- EC 201 Principles of Macroeconomics*
- EC 202 Principles of Microeconomics**
*EC 201 will satisfy the Social Science general education requirement
**MA 103 is a required prerequisite for AC 201 and EC 202
- MGT 301 Organizational Behavior
- MGT 305 Management of Information Resources
- MGT 311 Organizational Design
- MGT 312 Organizational Leadership
- MGT 306 Management of Human Resources
- BU 308 Professional Writing and Presentation
- BU 362 Legal and Ethical Issues in Business
- MGT 420 Team Building & Process Management
- MGT 421 Negotiation & Conflict Resolution
- MGT 422 Professional Development
- MGT 425 Strategic Project Management
Catalog & Four-Year Degree Plan
Related Academic Offerings
- B.S. Accounting >>
- B.A. Business Administration >>
- B.A. Business Administration (Online) >>
- B.A. Business Administration, Marketing concentration >>
- B.A. Communication >>
- B.A. International Studies – International Trade >>
- Accounting minor >>
- Business Administration minor >>
- Communication minor >>
- Computer Information Systems minor >>
- Economics minor >>
- Marketing minor >>