Forensic Sciences use science and technology. But its aim? Advancing justice. Forensic Sciences minor tackle key concepts in the discipline with a mix of engaging instruction and hands-on learning to gain vital investigative and lab experience, including with required Crime Scene Investigation, Forensic Anthropology and Seminar courses.
Upon completion of the Forensic Sciences minor, students will be able to:
- Apply the scientific method in an adaptive and mindful manner.
- Use techniques for recognition, documentation, analysis, and interpretation of physical evidence.
- Communicate disciplinary knowledge to diverse audiences.
- FS 230 Forensic Sciences
- FS 333L Physical Forensic Sciences Laboratory
- FS 340/L Crime Scene Investigation with Laboratory
- FS 450 Forensic Anthropology
- FS 455 Medicolegal Death Investigation or CJ 426 Courtroom Advocacy in Criminal Justice
- FS 490 Seminar
- FS 491 Professional Skills for Forensic Scientists or CJ 465 Narcotics and Drug Crimes
Related Academic Offerings