Computer architecture. Internet and network management. Cybersecurity essentials.
Those are some of the foundational study areas students will master as part of our individualized and hands-on core in the Computer Information Systems minor. Open to all majors, this minor also stresses critical thinking on relevant ethical issues.
Upon completion of the Computer Information Systems minor, students will be able to:
- Comprehend computer security technology and principles.
- Describe integrated cyberspaces security objectives of confidentiality.
- Analyze digital organization requirements to implement a reliable and secure plan for asset (hardware, software, data, communication facilities and networks) protection.
- CIS 103 Computers and Application Software
- One semester of college algebra (MA 103 or MA 107) or higher level mathematics
- CIS 320 Relational Database Concepts and Practice
- CIS 330 Computer Architecture
- CIS 370 Internet and Network Management
- CIS 471 Cyberspace and Cybersecurity Essentials
- CIS 480 Special Topics
Related Academic Offerings
- B.S. Accounting >>
- B.A. Business Administration >>
- B.A. Business Administration (Online) >>
- B.A. Business Administration, Marketing concentration >>
- B.A. Communication >>
- B.A. International Studies – International Trade >>
- B.A. Management (Online) >>
- Accounting minor >>
- Business Administration minor >>
- Communication minor >>
- Economics minor >>
- Marketing minor >>