There is no matter (and no universe) without chemicals. That’s why chemistry is dubbed “the central science.” And it’s why Chemistry minors are encouraged to explore an integrated understanding of the world around them—through hands-on learning in the lab and engaging research projects.
Upon completion of the Chemistry minor, students will be able to:
- Apply the scientific method as it is used in organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and molecular sciences
- Recognize and explain chemical theory as it applies to the physical world
- Visualize, evaluate, validate and interpret results of chemical analyses as part of an integral and quality education.
- MA 110 Pre-Calculus
- CH 203/L General Chemistry I with Laboratory
- CH 204/L General Chemistry II and Laboratory
- CH 334/L Analytical Chemistry and Laboratory
- CH 360/L Biochemistry I and Laboratory
- CH 490 Senior Seminar
Upper Division Elective (Choose One)
- CH 403 Inorganic Chemistry
- CH 420 Systems Biology
- CH 430L Microbiology Lab
Related Academic Offerings