The Master of Pastoral Theology awards certificates in several concentrations aimed at enhancing pastoral skills and broadening perspectives on contemporary issues and ideas affecting the Church and society. For the Certificate of Spiritual Direction and Pastoral Counseling, students complete 24 units over approximately one year, growing spiritually and professionally as they reflect on the rigors and joys of pastoral counseling.
Importantly, six units required for this graduate certificate are taken over an intensive summer format.
Program Information & Resources
Certificate of Spiritual Direction and Pastoral Counseling Requirements
- PL 670/PSY 521 Personality
- PL 671/PSY 601 Ethical and Professional Issues in Counseling
- PL 673/PSY 603 Introduction to Counseling Skills
- PL 675/PSY 611 Group Processes
- PL 771/PSY 736 Cross-Cultural Counseling
- PL 775/PSY 773 Spiritual Dimensions of Counseling
Summer Intensive I
- RE 685 Pastoral Counseling
Summer Intensive II
- RE 687 Spiritual Directions
Related Academic Offerings