We believe that learning doesn’t just take place in a classroom, but wherever you’re building new relationships in your field of study or completing a real-world project in a hands-on learning experience. That’s why the Business Administration program seeks to individualize learning, offering faculty mentorships, peer-to-peer learning and opportunities for personal growth.
In the Business Administration program, you’ll learn from world-class professors, leaders in their academic fields who bring their cutting-edge expertise to the classroom and their personal scholarship. We also boast a low student-to-faculty ratio and robust academic advising.
Hands-on learning is so central to what we do, we’ve built service learning projects into our curriculum, giving students the opportunity to apply the knowledge they’ve learned in real-world settings. Among the programs our students have participated in: A free tax clinic for low-income families, and senior team field projects that seek to find solutions to real problems at businesses. Students are also encouraged to participate in the rigorous Hogan Entrepreneurs Program.
B.A. Business Administration (Online)
The Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration degree prepares graduates to have a broad understanding of business operations; the technical skills, environmental awareness, and ethical perspectives for functional analysis and effective decision-making regarding business situations; and the professional readiness to initiate and advance their careers.
B.A. Business Administration (Online) Degree Requirements
Students working toward a Bachelor’s degree must complete a minimum of 120 credit hours of coursework, which includes general education requirements, electives, pre-major requirements (if applicable) and major requirements.
• BU 200 Introduction to Business
• BU 224 Applied Business Statistics
• AC 201 Principles of Accounting I**
• AC 202 Principles of Accounting II
• EC 201 Principles of Macroeconomics*
• EC 202 Principles of Microeconomics**
*EC 201 will satisfy the Social Science general education requirement
**MA 103 is a required prerequisite for AC 201 and EC 202
- FIN 301 Principles of Finance
- MKT 301 Principles of Marketing
- MGT 305 Management of Information Resources
- MGT 306 Management of Human Resources
- BU 308 Professional Writing and Presentation
- BU 324 Quantitative Methods in Business
- BU 362 Legal and Ethical Issues in Business
- BU 402 International Business
- MGT 407 Operations Management
- BU 416 Career Development
- BU 469 Business Strategy
- BU 470 Senior Field Project
A.A. Business Administration (Online)
The Associate of Arts degree program with an emphasis in Business Administration is offered for students who need to acquire a basic knowledge of business processes to enhance their career options.
A.A. Business Administration (Online) Degree Requirements
- Completion of a minimum of 60 credit hours of coursework
- Completion of general education courses required for all Associate degrees
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 2.0 (for all work completed at Chaminade)
- Minimum 15 credit hours of coursework much be completed at Chaminade
- Minimum of 12 credit hours in student’s selected concentration must be taken at Chaminade
Students who intend to go on to the baccalaureate degree program should select electives, which fulfill pre-major and general education requirements that prepare the student to satisfy the additional requirements for the higher degree.
- BU 200 Introduction to Business
- AC 201 Principles of Accounting I
- AC 202 Principles of Accounting II
- BU 224 Applied Business Statistics
- EC 201 Principles of Macroeconomics
- EC 202 Principles of Microeconomics
Related Academic Offerings
- B.S. Accounting >>
- B.A. Business Administration >>
- B.A. Business Administration, Marketing concentration >>
- B.A. Communication >>
- B.A. International Studies – International Trade >>
- B.A. Management (Online) >>
- Accounting minor >>
- Business Administration minor >>
- Communication minor >>
- Computer Information Systems minor >>
- Economics minor >>
- Marketing minor >>