The Biochemistry minor offers a course of study that ensures students not only develop the ability to design and test a hypothesis based on the scientific method, but have a core understanding of the chemical and physical principles that unite all life forms.
Upon completion of the Biochemistry minor, students will be able to:
- Appraise and articulate biochemical processes based on the fundamentals of organic chemistry, inorganic chemistry, analytical chemistry, physical chemistry, and biology as part of an integral and quality education.
- Construct and employ effective and safe laboratory skills utilizing modern scientific instrumentation and techniques.
- BC 360/L 360 Biochemistry I and Laboratory
- BC 362/L 362 Biochemistry II and Laboratory
- BC 490 Senior Seminar
- Choose one:
- BC 334/L Analytical Chemistry and Laboratory
- BI 420 Systems Biology
- CH 440 Natural Product Chemistry (with or without CH 440L)
- CH 447 Pharmacology
Related Academic Offerings
- B.S. Biochemistry >>
- B.S. Biology >>
- B.S. Data Science, Analytics and Visualization >>
- B.S. Environmental Studies >>
- B.S. Forensic Science >>